New Jersey

Waterside vs. Chart House

Checking out Waterside and Chart House tomorrow, how do they compare? Keeping our fingers crossed!

Re: Waterside vs. Chart House

• Jake13Jake13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Charthouse which was really nice.
    I have heard that they are both equally as good.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw the Chart House recently and really liked it - but they were already booked for our time frame and their minimum was too high. I'd be interested in hearing how Waterside is. They are on my list to see. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_waterside-vs-chart-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:19cbc0b8-f54c-447a-92c1-7c86a2b79776Post:c95cc04d-4d10-4926-b14f-a94265971f6f">Re: Waterside vs. Chart House</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw the Chart House recently and really liked it - but they were already booked for our time frame and their minimum was too high. I'd be interested in hearing how Waterside is. They are on my list to see. 
    Posted by mcjays[/QUOTE]

We really liked Waterside, but weren't as impressed with Chart House. At Chart House they have minimums and everything is a la carte so you can customize a menu to fit your budget. This can be good or bad...my opinion was the amount of food you get doesn't match the price you're paying. I'm probably being super picky but I didn't care for the carpet and the chairs looked outdated, but the view is amazing!

Waterside had a smaller room on the 2nd floor and a larger room on the third floor...one for cocktail hour and one for the recpetion. The smaller room had special lighting built in the ceiling which is a plus and they will be adding this to the larger room. The smaller room had bathrooms with 3 or 4 stalls but the larger room only had 2 single bathrooms. Also the bridal suite is on the 2nd floor and is super tiny, but we were told they are expanding it. We thought the the quality and quantity of food on the menu were worth the money (Viennese table & 3 entree selections included). Lovely view in both rooms!
  • edited December 2011

Does Waterside have a minimum, either food and beverage or person? 

• edited December 2011
    For a Fri/Sun night at Waterside their guest minimum is 120, not sure about Sat night.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll have make an appointment to see Waterside. I feel like I'm running out of venues to see. 
  • edited December 2011
    I had my bridal shower at Waterside. Absolutely amazing food and service. How they'll be for a wedding, I don't know. But they did well with two showers plus regular brunch going on at the same time.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • edited December 2011
    i went to chart house.....I have to say not impressed for what they offer and the price...it was exorbant with not much included...personally for us it was not comparable to anything we had seen....and it was just a view and not worth a minimum of $30K to spend.
  • edited December 2011
    We liked both Waterside and the Chart House. As PP said Chart House is a bit dated in terms of decor but the views of NYC can not be beat. There is also a lot of construction going on near there right now which might be a concern. We got them to come down on the minimum (to $15000) for a Friday night, but we did not like the a la carte pricing.

Waterside is beautiful as well. Much more modern and great food but finding it if you are from out of town I think is a bit challenging since you have to drive through 2 parking lots practically but the view is amazing as well. Again, as PP said bridal suite is small and so are bathrooms.

I do not know what your budget is but you might want to check out Michael Anthony's  The Westin  The Hyatt , the W in Hoboken, and the Liberty House.

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_waterside-vs-chart-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:19cbc0b8-f54c-447a-92c1-7c86a2b79776Post:eff3beb9-70a1-4a6b-843c-627e226294eb">Re: Waterside vs. Chart House</a>:
    [QUOTE]We liked both Waterside and the Chart House. As PP said Chart House is a bit dated in terms of decor but the views of NYC can not be beat. There is also a lot of construction going on near there right now which might be a concern. We got them to come down on the minimum (to $15000) for a Friday night, but we did not like the a la carte pricing. Waterside is beautiful as well. Much more modern and great food but finding it if you are from out of town I think is a bit challenging since you have to drive through 2 parking lots practically but the view is amazing as well. Again, as PP said bridal suite is small and so are bathrooms. I do not know what your budget is but you might want to check out Michael Anthony's  The Westin  The Hyatt , the W in Hoboken, and the Liberty House.
    Posted by akcrrr[/QUOTE]

Do you have any info on the Hyatt? I just set up an appointment for next week. I was given some pricing which was on the high end for us but I did give her our budget and she said she could definitely work something out for us.
  • edited December 2011
    I just got information on Michael Anthony's. Although I saw a post on Chowhound that the food is what you would expect from a sports bar. I also just got information from the W in Hoboken but it is more expensive than the Westin. 
  • edited December 2011
    I will try to find the information that I have from the Hyatt ( I met with them in October). The W in Hoboken is more expensive, but the Westin, W, and Hyatt were all able to work within our $16,000 budget (for 90-100 people).

The only differences were what you got for the $ you spent.

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • Can anyone give an opinion/information on Hyatt vs. Chart House? Can the Chart House accomodate a 200 person wedding? I know the Hyatt is big enough to accomodate it, but I feel like the food and liquor options/packages are nicer at the Chart House. However, it looks like the upstairs ballroom would be very cramped with 20 tables, plus a good sized dance floor, dj, and bars. Both have great views, and there are positives and negatives to both. If anyone has any opinions or experiences to share with either place it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards