North Carolina
Options

outdoors in November?

Is early November too cold to have an outdoor ceremony in the mountains? Our date is Nov. 3 and we'd like to get married in Highlands, NC. We're in North Florida so we're not sure. =)

Thanks!!

Re: outdoors in November?

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It could potentially be okay, but it's tough to guess. 

Here's a link to average weather for Highlands:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USNC0317

October's average high is 62, November's is 52, so you could probably expect something in that range for Nov. 3rd. 

And all of the leaves will have dropped by then, so that's something to keep in mind too. 
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it's iffy. If you decide to go with an outdoor wedding, I would say this somehow in the invitation so guests know to bring a jacket if they wish.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you do decide to have an outdoor wedding, it would be a real good idea to have an inside backup plan.  I agree with PPs that it is getting iffy.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning an outdoor ceremony on Nov 5th @ The Hudson Manor in Louisburg, NC however, my venue also has a fabulous ballroom that can also be used to have the ceremony if the weather is iffy..  But you know, NC weather can be up and down..I mean look at what has been happening within the past week..80 degrees one day then 40 degrees and sleeting the next..  I think you have to do what I will be doing which is to keep your fingers crossed for some seasonable, mild weather.

Does anyone think that portable heaters would be good to have on stand-by in case the weather is a little chilly??  I've been considering that option..
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lousiburg isn't exactly Highlands, ya know?  You'll probably have warmer weather that day than whatever is happening in the mountains. 

Portable heaters are almost always a good option. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards