New Jersey
Options

Dyeable shoes question

Where does one find dyeable shoes? I'm in a wedding in December and she is having trouble finding dyeable shoes for us to choose.  We are different heights, and wants us to be able to wear different styles as long as they are the same color (but I will still be about 4" taller than the others, so I'm not sure if this totally matters)

I am not a fan of dyeable shoes - I rather not buy them and then have them sitting around (they will be dyed gold) but it appears to be important to her. My suggestion of "Why can't we all just wear gold shoes that we already own" was not an option.

So, where can I find these babies? And preferably, where can I find them cheap?
image Tuffy
RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010

Re: Dyeable shoes question

• Options
    karend66karend66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out New York Shoes in Parsippany on Rt 46. They sell a bunch of dyeables in all sorts of styles.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal does sell dyeable shoes, and they charge $3 to dye them.

I've also seen payless has dyeable shoes.

My friend ordered hers from zappos.com
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Payless has/had a line of dyables. I can't find information online but I've seen it somewhat reciently in the stores.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to the Payless site, there is a little grayish box with a pic of a white shoe that says "Unforgettable Moments."  The dyeable options are in there!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why can't you all just wear gold shoes that you already own?  Oh wait...

Zappos maybe?

Will dyed gold shoes be shiny gold?  If not, maybe that's one more way to try to talk sense into the bride?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm personally not a fan of dyed metallics. It never looks as good a shoes that are gold or silver. I'm having my girls wear silver shoes, and I'd rather they be a real silver then a "dyed" silver. But that's just my opinion.

New York City Shoes in Parsippany has a big selection of dyed shoes and so does Payless. Good luck!
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Payless is probably the cheapest option... I hate dyeables...My friend had us dye our shoes brown and they are ruined because it was wet outside and my feet were brown.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed on the why can't you wear shoes you already own? or would possibly wear again?

I had my shoes dyed - Got them from Hollywood bridal in Kennilworth. You can see the full collection online though - google coloriffics. They were comfy.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would tell her that I heard the color in dyed shoes often run during rain and snow. =)
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny moment with FI about dyeable shoes...

He brought up what shoes the BMs might wear tonight, and, you have to love this, goes, "Did you KNOW THERE ARE DYEABLE SHOES????" As if this is the biggest news since sliced bread.

It took a lot of effort to not laugh myself off the couch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions!!  I will look!

The dresses are champagne and I don't know if the same color will ever be achieved - gold leather would look great. I'm totally with you all on the wear gold/shoes we own/they will run in the rain and snow/shoes we'll wear again.  Can I send her the link to this thread or is that wrong? (haha)
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards