New Jersey

Wishing Well

Are wishing wells still popular for bridal showers?

Re: Wishing Well

• edited December 2011
    I dunno if they are popular but I had one for my shower. I also registered for a lot of smaller kitchen gadgets so that was a good way to get those types of things. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    The past bridal showers I've been to have had them. So I would say yes they are.
  • NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a shower that had one and felt bad I didn't bring anything for it because I had NO idea what it was!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My mom did a bar-themed wishing well, since MH likes craft beers. We mostly got coasters, wine charms and bottles of wine.

I haven't seen one at a shower I've attended as a guest lately.
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the bar idea, might run that by my sister (MOH) and Mom lol
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably, although I only once went to a shower with a wishing well -- and that was in 2002.  And I've been to plenty of showers in the 8 years since...

I'm glad there wasn't one at my shower.  I had had my own kitchen for 5 years, so I had all the random kitchen stuff I needed.  I think they're much more useful for girls moving straight out of their parents' house to their marital home.

• goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    every single shower I have been to in the last 10 years has had one, so I would say yes they are still popular.
  • edited December 2011

The only one where I have seen one done is at my cousins. Since then I haven't seen them. If you still want to do one then go ahead. It seems that they are still popular from what PPers have said.

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There will be one at my shower, and I am kind of excited. Its an easy way to get all your little things. Like someone just bought my "as seen on TV green veggies bags"! I am so excited its funny. lol
  • edited December 2011
    Themed wishing wells are so much fun!
    I have seen bar ones, grill ones, wine ones.....
    At my shower they gave me a scratch off ticket wishing well ~ it was awesome and we won $160 total from it! Much better than dollar store sponges! =)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• meg&jarredmeg&jarred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently went to two showers and they had a honeymoon wishing well theme so the bride got sunscreen/cover ups/flip flops/ underwater disposable cameras.  A lot of the little things that add up.  Another one was a wishing well for the Groom and it was all tool supplies, which i thought was definitely different!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards