New Jersey
Options

Cake Cost and Bakery (Pink Cake Box in NJ)

I am considering using Pink Cake Box from Denville NJ for our wedding cake. They quoted me $715 for a 70 person cake to start. Is this reasonable? Has anyone ever used them before?

Re: Cake Cost and Bakery (Pink Cake Box in NJ)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am considering using Pink Cake Box from Denville NJ for our wedding cake. They quoted me $715 for a 70 person cake to start. Is this reasonable? Has anyone ever used them before?
  • Options
    ncarter0866ncarter0866 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try posting this on your local board. The price does seem high to me. I always thought average price for a wedding cake was around $4 or $5 per person. I just booked someone (I live in NH) to make my cake for 150 people and its about $3.25 per person. Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. Please post this on  your local.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $10 a slice sounds high to me and I'm in NYC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats kind of expensive. Not Cake Boss expensive, where a wedding cake starts at $14 a slice but still expensive. Im probably gonna be spending about $600 on a cake that feed 100 and its gonna have fondant draping and gumpaste flowers on it and the more expensive fillings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds about right but it also depends on what you are getting done. I got my groomscake from pink cake box and aside from tasting AMAZING (I have more in the freezer I'm dying to cut into) it also looked fantastic!

• Options
    edited December 2011

A friend off mine is using Le Petitie Gateau-for her parents anvi. party. About 40 ppl cake cost : $150.00. so that is only $3.75-but buttercream

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Bovella's in Westfield!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I priced out Pink Cake Box and she is expensive.  But at the same time, she's won a bunch of awards and her work is truly amazing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards