New Jersey
Options

Limo to the church question

Hi all,

Hope everyone is staying warm on this snowy day! Quick question. Are any ladies getting a separate limo to take them to the church with their father and mother or are you all taking the one limo over with the bridesmaid? I heard from a few people that  the girl  always takes a separate limo with her family as a one last  moment with them? 

Also, my FI and I were thinking of doing a hummer for our bridal party..we got a quote for a 18 passenger hummer for 950 everything included. He got other quotes and he says this one is a deal,  but not sure if he is just saying that because he really wants the hummer! haha

Thanks!

Re: Limo to the church question

• Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad requested a seperate car, and while I think it would be more fun to be with my girls, I do like the look of the car we got and I couldn't deny my dad a drive with his daughter.  I'll be taking this car to the reception with FI after the church, so that will be nice to have that moment with him, since everyone says that you don't have a moment to yourselves afterward.  If its in the budget and its something you and your family want to do, go for it, but it is totally not required.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw what a great touch, I personally like the idea of it. I would like to ride over with just my dad in a seperate car, but my FI and I want to ride in the limo after the ceremony with our bridal party. So I guess we just have to see if it's worth the cost ya know.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We got a hummer limo and paid around that, maybe a smidge less.  We had the limo loop and make two trips so we only had to pay for one and it took both the boys and the girls.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kewltif- what place did you guys use? The place we got the quote from said anyone that comes in below him he will match that price! 
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    With tax and tip it came out to $860 total (I just looked it up on my budget sheet). I was very happy with them.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a car to go to the church with my parents.  I think rolls royce, I forget, It was one of the first vendors booked since I'm near prom season. The party bus is picking up the boys first and dropping them at the church then will pick up the girls from my house.  Fi & I will jump in the bus after the ceremony.
    The car for church with my parents and some photos after I think is running me $300, 325 ish.
  • Options
    RebeccaW2010RebeccaW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my limo do a loop.  My groom and groomsman are out of state so the limo is going to the hotel and then getting me, my dad and the ladies.  We just got one limo, my dad wanted to do seperate but my FI and I wanted to ride with the bridal party to the reception.  

That price sounds really good actually,  We are using D&G Limos for our Infiniti QX45!! We are super excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    town limos quoted us $750 for any type of limo on your wedding day
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just doing the big Infiniti truck for everyone.  My fiancee wants to be with everyone and I couldn't justify for money for the separate car, I can take a drive with my dad another day Tongue out.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My answer is the same as Reilly.

We got a limo bus from America's Best Limo.  We are having them pick up FI and the guys from the hotel & bring them to the church.  Loop back to my parents house and pick me and the girls up.  My parents are driving their car to the church & the reception.  I couldn't justify the extra $ for another car.  Plus FI wanted to ride with our BP and not separate.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and with tax & tip, we're paying $840 total.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rode with my parents, grandma and BMs. I would have been more nervous and probably cried if it was my dad and I alone, haha.

Just FYI, I booked Fancy Limo for my bparty. They cancelled on me (due to snow) but then wouldn't refund my deposit. I had to dispute it with my CC to get it back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards