New Jersey
Options

Spring Wedding/Fall Colors??? WWYD??

FI and I had to postpone our November 12, 2010 wedding for various reasons financial being one of them. We have recently changed our venue, cut our guest list and  changed our date to April 29, 2011. Originally our colors were going to be a scarlett red with brown, which to me is very "Fall" I feel like these colors won't work in the Spring...problem is I already bought my DIY invites in brown, I have about 30 pillar candles in red and have already purchased glass jars for favors that we were going to fill with Lindt truffles milk chocolate which the packaging is in red. What do you think about red and brown in April? Any suggestions would be very helpful! TIA!

Re: Spring Wedding/Fall Colors??? WWYD??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    agree that red and brown does feel very fall.  it sounds like the only brown element so far is the DIY invites.  have you started actually making them yet?  could you possibly return those?  if so, maybe you can find a lighter or brighter color to accompany the red and keep the red.  so you would still be able to use the candles and chocolates. 

what about red and purple?  it sounds weird, but i've seen inspiration boards for it before, and it actually is very pretty.  check out this link:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_mVNQFjdp3b0/SBFG_q7Ft6I/AAAAAAAAAPk/i1kHvc3La-0/s1600-h/4-25+Post+-+Red+and+Purple+Wedding+FINAL.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion you should pick whatever you favorite colors are for your wedding! Dont really take into consideration the time of year! I didnt do that... I knew that I wanted purple and silver and I knew I wanted to get married in march. Even though these colors a nice spring colors, I didnt even think about that when I chose my colors!!!! So I feel your colors will be nice together!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can sell the red items or use them for Christmas. I think Brown can still work, if you do brown and pink and add Cherry Blossoms it will be perfect for an April wedding.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would keep the brown and nix the red. Can you return anything that you've bought? Try returning or selling the red items. you could do brown and light green or brown and pink etc etc which would look great with an April wedding
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhh, brown and pink/cherry blossoms would be pretty!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Use what you want. I don't think it really matters or that anyone would say, "Ew, these are fall colors" (if they even notice).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.  Use what you want.  I've never been to a wedding and said to myself "Her colors don't fit the season."  I figured its just the colors the bride likes anyway.

But if you do have the money/ability to switch, I do second brown and cherry blossom color (I've seen very pretty invitations with those colors).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married April 29th and did Red and black. I think you can make it work, throw some pinks in with the reds and maybe that can add a touch of spring, but overall, I don't think the colors are bad at all. I really loved my sisters red theme.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red and light blue may work..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm geting married next week and my colors are red and gold, not spring at all. The florist will use yellow roses (makes you think of spring) but she is also using the yellow with the red tip which some may think is a fall color but that's what I like....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Like others have said, pick what you want.  I'm getting married in June and my colors are burgundy and ivory.  I think as you don't decorate with "fall" items like pumpkins and leaves, it will be fine.

• Options
    noonescookienoonescookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just add a springy accent color (or use red as the accent to a springy color). Pink with red and brown makes me think of cherry blossoms and spring. Light blue and brown with red accents would look nice. Yellow and red with brown in the background can be bright, warm and springy. Even just adding a lot of bright white will make your colors feel less dense, dark, and fall-themed.

It doesn't sound like you've bought so much that you need to feel locked into your colors. If you had ordered BM dresses or customized invites, it might be a different story, but you could probably resell all of your items to another bride and start all over if you wanted.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in June and using Black and Red.  Its your wedding use whatever colors you want.  I never walked into a wedding and thought "why did they use these colors"? 
  • Options
    Ellie_g122Ellie_g122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, for all of your advice and opinions...I appreciate it! I'm really liking the Cherry blossom idea (i just have to convince FI about the pink) And you girls are right I should do a color scheme that I like no matter what season.. I'll let you know what i decide Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards