North Carolina
Options

Olga/Alterations Question

So in ordering my veil, I had to figure out what length my train was. It turns out it's a cathedral length and now I'm stressing out. I really thought it was a chapel length. Does anyone know if Olga or anyone else can shorten the train? My skirt is organza with no detail or anything.

Thanks for your help ladies!

Re: Olga/Alterations Question

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    She may be able to. It never hurts to ask. I know when Olga was fixing the length of my dress (it was surprisingly too long) she shortened the train a bit because otherwise it wouldn't have looked right.

I'd ask her, my bet is that she can, or at least has an option that might work for you. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelsey, I'm almost positive she can shorten your train. Maybe you can call her or send her a picture of it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult. You'd probably be fine ordering a cathedral veil and seeing how it works with the dress. You might even like how it looks and you just bustling your dress after ceremony before the cocktail hour, could be a similar look. Can you call the salon and ask what length veil they suggest or if it would be feasible to change the train, even if you don't actually use them. Oh did you try your dress on with a veil at the salon? What looked good with it then? Trying it on with a similar veil length that you want to order might ease your mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Kelsey,

I just had my dress done by Olga and I'm sure that she can alter your train! My mom's veil is cathederal length and my train was almost not the right length and she had talked about the possibility of altering the train length. You can always call and ask her :)
    ps...this is the picture my mom took of Olga explaining how to pull my boobs up ;) thought it was funny!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all!! I'll definitely call her and ask her. Meredith - can you send me her number?

Sksites: That picture is funny! I always wondered what she looked like too!
  • Options
    jvd1117jvd1117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! Could y'all send me miss olgas contact information and location? I am trying to find a good seamstress for my gown :) Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards