New Jersey
Options

Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 125pp

I am at my wits end because I have visited a few places, done tons of research and I cant find anything I like! Here is a list of the places Ive visited that didnt give me that "feeling" or were missing something:

Meadow wood manor
Atrium Country club
Madison Hotel
Westminster Hotel
The manor in west orange
The graycliffe
Macaluso's
Lakewood Country Club
The English Manor

Can someone recommend a place with excellent food and nice grounds for pics? I really want more of a country or estate vibe, not really into the city views.  Thank you!

Re: Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 125pp

• Options
    Hi there! I def feel your pain - choosing the venue was one of the most difficult things so far!

We are booked with the Imperia in Somerset NJ - i absolutely am in love with the venue! It has 3 rooms and the "smaller" parties are typically held in their downstairs room that has its own entrance and beautiful grounds!  Our wedding is 08/23/13 so dont have much else of experience but so far I highly recommend it! Hope that helps
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    Look into David's Country Inn in Hackettstown.  
  • Options

Hi, I also looked at several venues before booking! It was the hardest part so far of wedding planning!

We ended up booking the Old Tappan Manor in Old Tappan for 10/5/13.  It has a newly renovated ballroom with neutral colored decor, lots of windows and a large dance floor, brand new extenstion on the cocktail hour room and pretty yard with a fountain for pictures. It was very clean and new and that is what sold my fiance and I. It's in a very nice residental neighborhood with lots of tall trees. I had never even heard of it as they don't seem to advertise much, however one of the preferred vendors for another venue we were considering is also a preferred vendor for OTM and suggested we take a look. The price for a Saturday in Oct. 2013 is $125pp not including tax/gratuity, however it was less for a Friday or Sunday as are most places. We had our tasting and the food was excellent. I highly recommend checking them out.

We also looked at The Tides in North Haledon which has very pretty grounds and their pricing was similiar. I have been to a couple of very nice weddings at The Tides so I wanted to do something different but if we hadn't discovered OTM, we probably would have booked there as my fiance really liked it.

Good Luck!!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    We're at Mayfair Farms in West Orange and we love it. The food is really good, they give you a lot for your money, and they've been fantastic to work with. It's an old manor house kind of feel with a beautiful outdoor area. I could go on and on, but feel free to PM me if you want more info!

Also check out Bretton Woods in Morris Plains, and, if you don't have a large wedding, Woodcliff Manor. I've been to weddings at both of those and they have great food and might fit your bill.
  • Options

Have you looked at Il Tulipano? I checked them out and they were reasonably priced and had a pretty outdoor patio area with pretty landscaping.

• Options
    Check out The Wilshire Grand in West Orange.  Ask for John.  He was our coordinator and was amazing!  The staff is excellent and there is nothing they won't do for you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-help-wedding-venue-suggestions-in-northcentral-nj-under-125pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:214c8100-edec-4651-a7fa-aea0ab04da06Post:b1dd6cb0-a115-4038-9731-d0a7efbd8c9c">Re: Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 125pp</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're at Mayfair Farms in West Orange and we love it. The food is really good, they give you a lot for your money, and they've been fantastic to work with. It's an old manor house kind of feel with a beautiful outdoor area. I could go on and on, but feel free to PM me if you want more info! Also check out Bretton Woods in Morris Plains, and, if you don't have a large wedding, Woodcliff Manor. I've been to weddings at both of those and they have great food and might fit your bill.
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

I have an appointment next Thursday with Mayfair Farms! I'm so glad to see someone here suggesting it! It definitely has the look I'm going for and the price they quoted me is very fair. I hope I love it as much as you do, thank you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-help-wedding-venue-suggestions-in-northcentral-nj-under-125pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:214c8100-edec-4651-a7fa-aea0ab04da06Post:63a6e976-d5a5-4c9b-a80c-27e9b8775ac9">Re: Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 125pp</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look into David's Country Inn in Hackettstown.  
    Posted by RMMJS[/QUOTE]

This is on my list, thank u!
  • Options
    The estate at florentine gardens.... You will love it!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-help-wedding-venue-suggestions-in-northcentral-nj-under-125pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:214c8100-edec-4651-a7fa-aea0ab04da06Post:808ec0ed-7a57-475d-8809-daf85a5dd9bd">Re: Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 125pp</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 125pp : I have an appointment next Thursday with Mayfair Farms! I'm so glad to see someone here suggesting it! It definitely has the look I'm going for and the price they quoted me is very fair. I hope I love it as much as you do, thank you!
    Posted by seree311[/QUOTE]

Who are you meeting with? We're working with Steve Meier and he has been EXCELLENT.
  • Options
    We saw Mayfair and David's a few days ago.

David's is definitely what I would consider "country estate" and has a lovely old-fashioned interior, but no grounds. Jordan seemed like she would be cool to work with, their prices were reasonable and included flowers, and she was willing to negotitate further, but we decided it was too far away and didn't have a place to have ceremony outside. You can take pics on the porch or against the side of the building where they have ivy, but its a small space. The town seemed cute, though, you could take pics around town.

I've heard great things about Mayfair on this site, but we were a little dispointed when we got there. We were looking for 125 people so they only showed us the downstairs room, which read very standard banquet hall to me (not knocking that style, we just didn't consider it very country or estate-y despite having "farms" in the name!) However their food choices did seem interesting and the patio and grounds were nice. Two issues for us was that the bathrooms aren't handicap accesible (on that level) and you need to have a 11-5 or a 6-12 wedding, and we wanted twilight. So we're not going with them. They are reasonably priced, our quote was the same as David's.
  • Options
    Hello All. I'm praying you can help!!! We are am looking for a venue that is under 100pp including tax and service in the central/north NJ area. We've looked at a few places thus far but we don't think we've found "it". We're looking for a place that has outdoor space for pics, seperate cocktail and reception, and ceremony rooms, and a "wow" factor would be nice!! :D

We've seen:

The Atrium
    The Graycliff
    The Elan
    Bridgewater Manor
    The Palace (wayyy out of the price range LOL)
    Royce Brook

Where are the gems? What am I missing. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-help-wedding-venue-suggestions-in-northcentral-nj-under-125pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:214c8100-edec-4651-a7fa-aea0ab04da06Post:d64fa1dd-a125-487b-8267-8cdca2abfe5a">Please help! Wedding venue suggestions in North/Central NJ - under 100pp</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello All. I'm praying you can help!!! We are am looking for a venue that is under 100pp including tax and service in the central/north NJ area. We've looked at a few places thus far but we don't think we've found "it". We're looking for a place that has outdoor space for pics, seperate cocktail and reception, and ceremony rooms, and a "wow" factor would be nice!! :D We've seen: The Atrium The Graycliff The Elan Bridgewater Manor The Palace (wayyy out of the price range LOL) Royce Brook Where are the gems? What am I missing. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Posted by onebaddboo[/QUOTE]

Have you considered an afternoon wedding? I think more of the "wow" type of venues would be closer to your price range if you considered afternoon. Also, if you do off seasons (ie: winter, early spring) or Fridays/Sundays it is cheaper.

Check:
    The Manor
    Wilshire Grand (I have never seen it but I see numerous people mention it)
    Highlawn Pavilion
    Seasons (they qouted me $110pp incl tax and tip for a Friday) - not much of an outdoor area
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards