New Jersey
Options

Ice Cream Grooms Cake?

Hey everybody,

So I thought I had this genius idea to get my fiance an ice cream grooms cake that looks like a plate of sushi for the rehearsal dinner.  He loves ice cream cake and I have vetoed it for the wedding.  Is this even possible?  To get a specialty cake like this made of ice cream?  If so, does anyone know who does this? 

Our venue for the rehearsal dinner would be in Bayonne.  I emailed a few of the bakeries on the knottie review site, but none of their websites say they make ice cream cakes so my hopes aren't too high for their responses.

Let me know if you have any thoughts!

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ice Cream Grooms Cake?

• Options
    We are getting our wedding cake 3 tier from coldstone lol we love icecream cake ! Im sure they could do a photo transfer on the cake for you
  • Options
    That is really awesome, Shoebie!  Maybe I have to change my angle on this.  This is the cake I was thinking:
    http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/sushi-grooms-cake-2009-08-05.htm

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thats so cute ! Yea we both love ice cream cake so instead of having it on display the whole time it will come out 5 mins before cutting we will cut it and then away it goes :o)
  • Options
    I cannot help you as to where to go, but I had to add my two cents in on this haha...DH wanted an ice cream wedding cake really bad but I kept saying no and our venue didn't seem to into it.  He had mentioned to his friend about wanting an ice cream cake there as part of the Viennese hour so his friend said "I'll take care of it" and set it up with the venue to have it there. I didn't fight him on it, it was one of the only things he really pushed for haha...The cake was there and four months later he still talks about how great it was to have ice cream cake at the wedding! I was too busy dancing to even check out the Viennese room so I never even saw the thing...We had wedding cake and ice cream cake, best of both worlds haha....and hey, who doesn't love ice cream cake anyway? :) good luck!
  • Options
    SweetgnjSweetgnj member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ice-cream-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:22b0d3c4-7e86-4596-ae07-874a9c654a4bPost:0658095f-9552-458a-8de3-04fd02dc48d0">Re: Ice Cream Grooms Cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting our <strong>wedding cake 3 tier from coldstone</strong> lol we love icecream cake ! Im sure they could do a photo transfer on the cake for you
    Posted by shoebie420[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, I had no clue they even did this.  I will look into this.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ice-cream-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:22b0d3c4-7e86-4596-ae07-874a9c654a4bPost:d5b816b1-1320-44a3-b52a-4fa4965b2915">Re: Ice Cream Grooms Cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot help you as to where to go, but I had to add my two cents in on this haha...DH wanted an ice cream wedding cake really bad but I kept saying no and our venue didn't seem to into it.  He had mentioned to his friend about wanting an ice cream cake there as part of the Viennese hour so his friend said "I'll take care of it" and set it up with the venue to have it there. I didn't fight him on it, it was one of the only things he really pushed for haha...The cake was there and four months later he still talks about how great it was to have ice cream cake at the wedding! I was too busy dancing to even check out the Viennese room so I never even saw the thing...We had wedding cake and ice cream cake, best of both worlds haha....and hey, who doesn't love ice cream cake anyway? :) good luck!
    Posted by alykat216[/QUOTE]

I LOVE this.  Super cute!  It's not that I am anti ice cream cake at the wedding at all... it's just not something that our contracted baker does unfortunately.  Maybe we can set something up like this!  We are having probably about 175-200 people at the wedding.  Did you have enough for each person? Thanks for this suggestion!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We had 198 people and I would say we did not have one big enough for everyone to have some.  It was put with the other ice cream at the Viennese hour, we had so many desserts I think it was fine, I'm sure some people didn't even know it was there! I have a picture of it from the photographer, that's the only time I saw it LOL

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ice-cream-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:22b0d3c4-7e86-4596-ae07-874a9c654a4bPost:a0ebf5c5-21f8-4b4b-950b-3fbece9588a0">Ice Cream Grooms Cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everybody, So I thought I had this genius idea to get my fiance an ice cream grooms cake that looks like a plate of sushi for the rehearsal dinner.  He loves ice cream cake and I have vetoed it for the wedding.  Is this even possible?  To get a specialty cake like this made of ice cream?  If so, does anyone know who does this?  Our venue for the rehearsal dinner would be in Bayonne.  I emailed a few of the bakeries on the knottie review site, but none of their websites say they make ice cream cakes so my hopes aren't too high for their responses. Let me know if you have any thoughts! Thanks!
    Posted by dsimone43[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike! My fiance and I went cake tasting over the weekend and the first thing he asks for is an ice cream cake.. I could have sworn my eyes were going to fall out straight out of my head with the look I gave him. So I've been wondering about getting an ice cream cake to surprise him at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards