New Jersey
Options

Videographer Review

Hi,

I got married back in September and read a lot of reviews on this board when I was booking my vendors. I had a particularly bad experience with my videographer, so I wanted to share.

Elite Video Productions (Eatontown, NJ) - Decided to go with Jim (the owner) of Elite Video because we had already booked our DJ with Elite Entertainment and the price seemed good. I felt assured that everything would turn out great since Jim has over 25 years of experience and manages the company, but boy was I wrong! As it turns out, "something went wrong" with his camera and our wedding video had NO SOUND, just a low hum. Not sure if he forgot to flip a switch, or if he just neglected to test out his equipment before our wedding, but my husband and I were devastated that our wedding memories that were supposed to be preserved in the video were gone forever. We would not be bale to hear our friends and families voices, the speeches that were said, the music that was played...Jim spent a couple months trying to digitally engineer the sound back in, but the results were not great. You could hear some music, but the voices were warped and not easily understood. He spent a lot of time working on it, but when we were so greatly disappointed with his work, we asked for a refund, but he never responded to that request.

Other than this, our wedding went beautifully. We were thrilled with The Manor. Our guests all loved the food and gardens.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videographer Review

• Options
    That's a shame, I'm sorry this happened to you. 
  • Options
    Wow after all of that he would not refund you!!!  You should call 7 on your side.  I am so sorry that happened to you!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you!  You need to keep trying to contact him for a FULL refund.  Like Lady suggested, reach out to 7 On Your Side and report him to the BBB.  Get your review on all the sites (Wedding Wire, Yahoo reviews, etc) so no one else gets stuck with this guy!!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that this happened to you.  I would definitely keep trying to contact him and keep all your emails and a list of the time syou call him and left messages. Then go to the Better Business Bureau and post this review everywhere and anywhere.  I would also mention this to him very politely a few calls in and maybe that will get you a better response from him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards