New Jersey

bathroom baskets

looking for a poem for the bathroom baskets, can anyone tell me where to find one.

Re: bathroom baskets

• edited December 2011
    Here are some...

Poem #1
    Here is a basket for all of our guests,
    To make sure everyone feels their best!
    The hairspray will help hold your hair in place,
    The bobby pins to keep your hair out of your face.
    If you break a nail, dont worry! Theres a file and some glue,
    It can also fix a broken heel on a shoe!
    The polish will stop that darn run in your hose,
    Use the tissues to stop a runny nose!
    We hope that youll find what youre looking for.
    Take a mint and now go hit the dance floor!

Poem #2
    So happy youre here to share in our special day!!!
    But should something happen to go astray,
    Please help yourself to the contents within,
    Hair spray (or Wet wipe), hand lotion, gum and even aspirin,
    Use only what you need and leave the rest,
    It may be useful to another guest.
    So repair the damage that may have been done,
    Then hurry on back and join the fun!!!
    Compliments of the Newlyweds

Poem #3
    Compliments of the newlyweds,
    To help you feel your best!
    Just use a little...freshen up,
    And leave for other guests!

Poem #4
    If your skin feels dry, your hair out of place,
    Your throat is parched, or whatever the case.
    We've put this together to help you along,
    Now get yourself out there before the next song!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    IMO bathroom basket poems are useless, I know A) I woudl not read them, and B) if I did, I would probably laugh...

I put nothing on my baskets, but you could always just put compliments of the new Mr & Mrs or "the newlyweds"
  • edited December 2011
    A poem? really? why?
  • Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just made a sign that said Compliments of the Newlyweds as well....no one reads the sign and people take the stuff anyhow!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Apparently the poems are really popular... a quick Google search turned up those four right away. 

In my case, I'm not even doing bathroom baskets.  I know whatever I'd put in those baskets would be completely gone within 30 minutes of the reception starting.  And, to be honest, if I were at someone's wedding, I'd probably be the jerk taking things and stuffing them into my purse too!  haha  Especially if it was my time of month... those tampons would be gone in a hot second... that s*** is expensive! 

Yes, I'm THAT person... flame all you want! 
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bathroom-baskets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:27e3e5ee-46f1-4a6f-93b3-b618499a7de6Post:95d03388-f03e-4fd7-b81a-18030d8ed588">Re: bathroom baskets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently the poems are really popular... a quick Google search turned up those four right away.  In my case, I'm not even doing bathroom baskets.  I know whatever I'd put in those baskets would be completely gone within 30 minutes of the reception starting.  And, to be honest, if I were at someone's wedding, I'd probably be the jerk taking things and stuffing them into my purse too!  haha  Especially if it was my time of month... those tampons would be gone in a hot second... that s*** is expensive!  Yes, I'm THAT person... flame all you want! 
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

Why would you do that? Honestly, that is in such poor taste.  I have definitely used stuff out of the bathroom baskets when I needed it: tampons, bobby pins, hair spray, bandaids, etc.  Why would you just steal all of the stuff out the basket so that no one else could use it? Tampons aren't that expensive. If you can't afford a box of them I'm finding it hard to believe that you can afford a wedding.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my lord... You're taking me WAY too seriously.  Do you honestly think I can't afford tampons?  Come on.  Please lighten up...
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bathroom-baskets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:27e3e5ee-46f1-4a6f-93b3-b618499a7de6Post:a652d200-6c1b-435e-b8c5-195c88532a0e">Re: bathroom baskets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my lord... You're taking me WAY too seriously.  Do you honestly think I can't afford tampons?  Come on.
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

If you were kidding then I completely missed the sarcasm.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sarcasm was definitely missed especially when you say "...flame all you want"

Poems are stupid in a bathroom basket.  If you don't want to do a basket fine but is it a nice touch sure.
  • edited December 2011
    Alright, then you're right... I'm saving tons of money (which I'm going to use to have the wedding of my dreams) by crashing other people's weddings, sweet 16s, and bar mitzvahs and stealing all of their tampons.

YES!  I'm rolling in dough right now!  TAKE THAT TAMPAX!! You no longer have financial control of my uterus!
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bathroom-baskets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:27e3e5ee-46f1-4a6f-93b3-b618499a7de6Post:f361d07a-ed6a-4b69-8478-cb93918fe4db">Re: bathroom baskets</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bathroom baskets : If you were kidding then I completely missed the sarcasm.
    Posted by kewltif[/QUOTE]

Be better with the sarcasm girl...because Tiff had it straight. 

I will say I had bathroom baskets, and I came home with 99% of what I put in them, I guess I had classy guests and not Klassy guests...

and if you are trying to be funny sarcastic...try harder...
  • edited December 2011
    You're all right... I'm just classless and unsarcastic I guess.  Oh well.  Good thing FI loves me!  :-)
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say that the poems are mildly offensive because they tell you not to steal the stuff...
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Google searchs are good for the people who believe in them, why even bother to comment with poems that you don't even plan to use, the one thing about this board is  we all give opinions on what we are doing, not what we have googled for another bride to be.  Your response should have been "I am not doing bathroom baskets because my friends would steal all the stuff out of them because they couldn't afford to purchase tampons"...

Learn to be more helpful, or don't reply at all.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't worry, I wasn't at (and won't be at) any of your weddings, so you don't have to worry about me taking all of your toiletries!  :-)

And just for the record, I wasn't saying bathroom baskets are a bad idea (if you like the idea of them, then go for it)... same with the poems (if you like the bathroom basket poems, then use them)... they just aren't for me and my crowd.  To each his (or her) own.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cheryl... I did google them to help her.  I was the first one to post here.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Arg so frustrated at this that I made grammatical and spelling errors I would never normally make...damn you knot.
  • edited December 2011
    Obviously you googled them, you said that already, what I was saying was this board is to give your opinion, "I do not like bathroom basket poems but if you want I'll help you research them" its to get people off the track of what they think is "needed"...

Obviously from what you are saying the people you keep company with would steal from bathroom baskets, I must say, if that is true, then I am glad I do not keep company with the same group you do.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow... you're really taking this too far.  Clearly we don't share the same sense of humor either, so I guess it is a good thing we don't run with the same crowds.

She didn't ask for our opinions about the bathroom baskets, she asked for the poems, so that's why I gave them to her.  I was doing a favor.  Once everyone else started sharing their opinions, then I decided to put in my two cents.  And you can't honestly tell me you've never taken the shampoos from a hotel or some of the tampons from the bathrooms at fancy restaurants... that's like a gimme!  Haha!
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Actually they are not fancy, my company works with them so I get the real good shyt...And ew, tampons from a open place at a restaurant, maybe I'm OCD or something but I carry my own thank you...

as for the "sense of humor" portion, if you were more funny, or obviously sarcastic most of us would have known that, but you need to get better at it for it to show on a message board, because with your posts you sound like someone who gets enjoyment out of "stealing" from bathroom baskets.
  • kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I've definitely used the mini shampoo in a hotel.  The point is I don't go out of my way to hijack all of the stuff so that other people don't have access to it.

If you were kidding about stealing all of the stuff out of the basket that's fine, but you're being awfully defensive and explaining a lot for someone who was joking.
  • edited December 2011
    Alright... guess you're right.  I'm putting myself in a corner right now for being so incompetent with sarcasm and humor.   OH WHY OH WHY am I not funny?!?! 

I got it!   It's because I wasted too many of my formative years stealing from bathroom baskets!  That's definitely it!
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bathroom-baskets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:27e3e5ee-46f1-4a6f-93b3-b618499a7de6Post:5a596277-6e4c-4483-82b8-84997a007809">Re: bathroom baskets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I've definitely used the mini shampoo in a hotel.  The point is I don't go out of my way to hijack all of the stuff so that other people don't have access to it. If you were kidding about stealing all of the stuff out of the basket that's fine, but you're being awfully defensive and explaining a lot for someone who was joking.
    Posted by kewltif[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending myself at all... I know who I am and I don't feel the need to defend myself to people I don't know.  I do take things from bathroom baskets, and I would absolutely pocket tampons if I needed them, and I'd take anything else that I might need at home too if I felt so inclined.  But I don't purposely go into bathrooms looking to "steal" things like you are insinuating.  It's there for the taking!
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You are B I Z A R R E
  • edited December 2011
    Okay... ???
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    grrr... did you take the stuff out of my bathroom basket???  someone actually stole stuff and I am baffled about who would have done it.  Everyone I know (or so I thought!) is respectful enough not steal items that are there for everyone to share.  Especically the blister bandaids that I so desperately needed during the night and did not get to use!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards