New Jersey
Options

Metropolitan Plant Exchange

Hi,

Has anyone used Metropolitan Plant Exchange for their wedding? I've heard great things and they are on my list to check out. Does anyone know price point how they compare to other traditional floral shops? Any feedback is greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Re: Metropolitan Plant Exchange

• Options
    My cousin used them for her wedding at Nanina's and loved it! The flowers came out great, but her design was very simple. I went there for an appointment for my upcoming wedding and it was less than perfect- the appointment was rushed and the woman tried to include flowers that would be destroyed in the July sun/heat... even going as far as assuring me that they would be ok. I actually found other florists that were much more reasonably priced and knew more about flowers that would do well in the summer.

I think its definitely worth making an appointment and seeing what they have to offer, but I would not make it your only stop. It never hurts to comparison shop, anyway. I hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thanks. I plan on checking out a few other places as well. My wedding isn't until October, so I have some time. This place keeps coming up in conversations. Thanks!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_metropolitan-plant-exchange?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2b9a04da-136d-4495-a1e9-dc21ff2efc36Post:10103e0a-90f6-44c9-a5bb-4e969389a46a">Re: Metropolitan Plant Exchange</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cousin used them for her wedding at Nanina's and loved it! The flowers came out great, but her design was very simple. I went there for an appointment for my upcoming wedding and it was less than perfect- the appointment was rushed and the woman tried to include flowers that would be destroyed in the July sun/heat... even going as far as assuring me that they would be ok. I actually found other florists that were much more reasonably priced and knew more about flowers that would do well in the summer. I think its definitely worth making an appointment and seeing what they have to offer, but I would not make it your only stop. It never hurts to comparison shop, anyway. I hope this helps!
    Posted by krichards0527[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I'm not using them for my wedding but I have used them for YEARS for various bouquets. They do a beautiful job and have a great eye for detail. So, I can't speak to pricing but they have a great quality product!
  • Options
    I'm using them for my wedding in June, i found them to be a pleasure to work with (I'm using Vanessa) She was very creative and seemed to really enjoy putting the ideas together for me, they ask you what you want to spend and work with you from there.  I also have many friends and family that have used them for weddings and funerals in the past and everything was always exceptional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using them in September and working with Vanessa too. She is fantastic. As soon as I told her my budget, she said it was no problem and worked with me to keep it at that. She even gave me ideas to keep the price down and also offered ideas on flowers that looked like the ones I wanted. (The ones I had picked weren't in season). She has such a great personality too! I would definitely give them a try.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone. When I called last week, I spoke with Vanessa. Planning on booking an appointment in April/May.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards