North Carolina

Silly Question

Ok, sorry if this sounds like a simple question, but I really have no idea. Should I get my makeup done first and then put on my dress or should I get dressed and then have my makeup done. I have heard of some brides putting a cape or something over their dress while getting the makeup done. I just don't know which works better and causes the least amount of stress :) Please help!! Thanks...13 days and counting.

Re: Silly Question

• edited December 2011

hey! i have seen it both ways too :)

i've had my makeup done a few times before, and my personal preference is to have makeup done before getting dressed- that's my plan for wedding day as well.

for me, putting the dress on is going to be the very last thing before walking down the aisle! plus, i am terrified to get it dirty from anything- eating, makeup, etc.- before the ceremony.

good luck!

image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kiwee, we're date twins... soooo close!! I'm definitely doing hair and makeup first and dress after.... going to find a short sleeve button up or zip up to wear and step into my dress. I don't want to have to worry about the dress until right before the aisle.
  • edited December 2011
    I did hair first, then makeup, then dress.  I stepped into my dress.  According to my make-up artist, I think most brides do it that way.  
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    I did makeup, hair then dress with no problem.
  • edited December 2011

i did hair makeup and then dress

• edited December 2011
    I plan on doing hair first, makeup second, and the dress last...HTH!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress last.
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, do your dress last.  You wouldn't want to get anything on it right before the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much. I wanted to do it this way, but I wasn't sure. The silly part is, I hadn't even thought about stepping into my dress. All the times I have put it on, I've had my hands in the air, and it was dropped down on me. The way you guys suggested sounds much better. Thank you.

To LVCK - We are twins, how are you feeling with 12 days to go?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards