New Jersey
Options

Photographer needed - central NJ

Hi,

I am looking for a photographer near Monmouth County, NJ for about 2k.  I've looked at Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne Photography and love their work but they are both pretty far from our venue (Sea Bright) and would prefer someone more local.  Any suggestions??  Thanks!

Re: Photographer needed - central NJ

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Jason Rhee will travel, so I wouldn't rule out people because of their location.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Robert Wayne Photography and I'm from Old Bridge. He is a hike but I ended up booking him because I personally felt that his album design and quality was better than Jason Rhees and his prices were much better than the photographers in my local area. Sometimes its worth the travel. Where is your venue?
  • Options
    WeLoveLilo05WeLoveLilo05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using kiamarie stone from KSS photography, she is in monmouth county (sea girt). She has SO many packages for all budgets. She is very nice and responds to any questions really quickly! I sent her an e-mail one night at like 10 and she got back to me 10 minutes later.
    http://www.kssphotos.com/
    August 2011 May Siggy Challenge~ Honeymoon Photobucket www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    133 image Invited to celebrate Jersey Shore style!
    85 image Will be fist pumpin' on the dance floor!
    11 image Won't be having any fun
    37 image Can't Find their mailbox

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  Merri Maker's Water's Edge in Sea Bright is the venue.  I haven't ruled anyone out yet but both Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne are over an hour and a half from my house - I don't know if I want to drive that far for the consultation lol.  But it will probably be worth it.  I also liked KiaMarie's work - she is on my possible list too, just checking for any other suggestions.   
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Nicole M? I haven't used her but have heard good things and I think she's located in your area.

http://www.nicolem.com/
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When we met with Robert Wayne Photography, he mentioned that he often works with brides from out of state but who are coming back to NJ for their wedding because that's where their family is.  I don't know how he manages consultations with long distance brides; I guess my only point is there must be a way so it's probably still worth reaching out to both Bob and Jason.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographer-needed-central-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:355b41d8-1daa-468e-9785-9510e7155acbPost:78b67705-9e7e-4b17-aa9c-cc9f02dcb70c">Re: Photographer needed - central NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]both Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne are over an hour and a half from my house - I don't know if I want to drive that far for the consultation lol. 
    Posted by wedgirl853[/QUOTE]

Did they say that you had to meet them at their houses/offices? If not, maybe they will come to you or at least meet you halfway. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Our photographer lives near Clinton and we live in the Jersey City area, so we're on exact opposite sides of the state. He agreed to meet us at a hotel lounge around the halfway point. I<em> highly</em> recommend him, but he's above the budget you mentioned: <a href="http://www.mattraineyblog.com/">http://www.mattraineyblog.com/</a> 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bob at Robert Wayne Photography is super fast when it comes to email. You should look into using Skype. I'm having a Skype meeting with GT Modern Creations tonight for our wedding video. They are in Queens and couldn't meet with us because of a wedding and it was the owner's bday. They came up with the suggestion and I thought it was a great idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Robert Wayne too and our ceremony and reception are in Ocean, NJ. For us, he was totally worth the trip to see him and we couldn't be happier with our choice.  We took the trip up because we wanted to see the albums in person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try RaLa photo, she is really good and I know she has packages in your budget, I believe she's in Manasquan and she'll come to you.

www.ralafoto.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Stephanie Jones Photography for my wedding in Sea Bright.  She is super nice and I really liked her photographs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call Manny from Moments To Capture (MTC Photography).  He is in Red Bank and shoots all over.  You might find him to be a good fit for you - he has great artistic style and personality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my photography couple i hired are going from Long Island all the way too Maine...I am sure far is never far enough.
  • Options
    KarKarnjKarKarnj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using CIP Studios in Chester, I'm sure they would travel. We saw a lot of beach photos when we went to see them. Also check out Artist European. They are in the central or south jersey area. We also love their work too.
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographer-needed-central-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:355b41d8-1daa-468e-9785-9510e7155acbPost:78b67705-9e7e-4b17-aa9c-cc9f02dcb70c">Re: Photographer needed - central NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls.  Merri Maker's Water's Edge in Sea Bright is the venue.  I haven't ruled anyone out yet but both Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne are over an hour and a half from my house - I don't know if I want to drive that far for the consultation lol.  But it will probably be worth it.  I also liked KiaMarie's work - she is on my possible list too, just checking for any other suggestions.   
    Posted by wedgirl853[/QUOTE]
    I know for a fact that Jason Rhee will meet you somewhere if it is too far for you to go for the consultation.. it was about an hour for us, and while that was a little annoying, it was only one trip, and worth it in the end. I wouldn't rule him out just because of the distance.
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go meet someone, regardless of distance, unless I was serious.  It's obvious, that you are not serious about Robert Wayne or Jason Rhee or whomever is "too far" for you to meet.  If you really loved something and wanted to buy it, you'd travel without question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards