New Jersey

Liberty House/ Maritime Parc - Jersey City

Would love any feedback on either venue - Thank You

Re: Liberty House/ Maritime Parc - Jersey City

• ditto on the food and pricing...we've been to several events there and the quality of the food didn't really match the price. (hard rolls, melted intermezzo) the views are great though.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    I came to say the same thing about the Liberty House.  Yeah, beautiful views, but that's really what you're paying for.

Don't get me wrong, the food is certainly not bad, but you expect better when you hear the pricing.  The fact is, much of that cost isn't the food; it is indeed the view.
  • Having investigated just about every place in NJ, I have not heard much about Maritime Parc.  I was going to visit that venue, however we had our minds pretty made up after one day of appointments.

Nor sure if you want to do a hotel or not, but the Hyatt in Jersey City has amazing food which isn't typically your standard run of the meal selections.  I have been there on mulitple occassions for work functions or conventions, and all was very nice.

I personally did not want to do a hotel - hence why we opted with somewhere else.
  • I visited both venues and was not impressed at all. Elizabeth at Maritime Parc does an awful job of trying to sell the place and when I read that the first item on the cocktail hour menu was "Mixed Bar Nuts" I was completely turned off. Then when she gave me the price I wanted to laugh in her face.

The Liberty House is great for dinner, but as a wedding venue I was disappointed too. Their food is delicious in the regular restaurant, but during a wedding it isn't that great. I think they have a hard time mass producing things.

My sister got married at The Hyatt in Jersey City and it was nothing short of AMAZING!!!!! If you are looking for a view I would go with the Hyatt over these other two places. The food is great and I also believe that the price is better :) Also, you don't have to worry about shuttling your guests who are staying in the hotel :)
  • Hi, I don't post very often....but I thought I would chime in on this one.  I had my reception at Maritime Parc and I absolutely LOVED it.

Yes there were some kinks along the way because this is basically there first year of business...but all of those were wiped out of mind with the amazing experience we had on the day of the wedding.

Feel free to message me if you want to know anything else!

• Thanks so much everyone! 

LH worked with us on the price - Friday pricing for Saturday and tossed in a few other things. I have definitly heard mixed reviews on the food - but we know to be sticklers now. 

Christina at Maritime is amazing - in the end we wanted more rustic vs. contemporary. 

It was definitly a hard choice. 
  • HI Everyone!

I just put a hold on a date at Maritime Parc and I have a few questions for the brides that have been marrie dthere!

I'm hoping to be married on the outdoor terrace. How is the sound out there? Are there a bunch of planes flying overhead? Is it especially windy? I'm wondering it it will work for the ceremony or if I should just stick with only the cocktail hour out there.

Also, it's an attractive venue, but quite simple. How much decor is needed for this place to really sparkle? I'd love to see photos of your decor. Also, did any of the Maritime Parc brides use colored up lighting for the reception? I'd really like to, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. 

Thanks for the help!
  • Hey Jacquin27, I just sent you a message with some answers to your questions :)  Hope that helps
  • Hi I'm thinking about booking Maritime Parc.  Could you send me the answers to Jacquin27's questions, too?

Also, what is the price per guest range for the Hyatt? Liberty House? Maritime Parc?
  • Hi Kitkathu...
    Sorry for the delayed response, i just PM'd you
  • Hi everyone!

I know this post is a bit old, but I wanted to get some details on Maritime Parc.  We were torn between liberty house and maritime parc - I prefer MP and my fiance prefers LH :)  I think we are going with Maritime Parc on Jan 5 2013, we would have the whole venue to ourselves and will have about 200 people.  

I have a question though - How did you find the food?  Was the amount of food adequate?  We ate there and loved it, but maybe I should be emabarrased to say that I had to google what a couple of things were on the menu were :)  My finace is afraid the food will be too upscale and there wont be an adequate amount of food.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  How many stations did you get for your wedding?

Any insight would be great - thanks!
  • Hi everyone!

i'm looking for info on Maritime Parc. I read that there are 3 floors: and the guests have cocktail on the first floor, dinner on the second floor and move to the third  floor to dance? Are you able to see the view from all the floors?  Also, how is the terrace space? Is it similar to Liberty House? And anyone know  how much they charge per person if I have an outside caterer? 

Thanks 

• Hi all! I just got engaged and we are looking to get married in late May/early June of 2013.  I'm looking at the Hyatt, Maritime Parc, and Liberty House.  What are the prices like between these three?  Are the views as amazing as the pictures on their websites would have you believe?  Any other feedback would be amazing! Thank you!

Colleen
  • just got back from the Maritime Parc and for a Friday in May 2013 it was $175 plus 22% gratuity and tax. You only get 3 stations and passed hors d'oeuvres.  It was pretty but for the amount of food you get I feel it was overpriced. 

• kjuan1kjuan1 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_liberty-house-maritime-parc-jersey-city?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:373d0b3e-9906-4131-8f1e-e0b0f78e2b35Post:fb277ad4-cb34-48f4-9af4-56d5d4c7a20d">Re: Liberty House/ Maritime Parc - Jersey City</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! i'm looking for info on Maritime Parc. I read that there are 3 floors: and the guests have cocktail on the first floor, dinner on the second floor and move to the third  floor to dance? Are you able to see the view from all the floors?  Also, how is the terrace space? Is it similar to Liberty House? And anyone know  how much they charge per person if I have an outside caterer?   Thanks 
    Posted by susana&pedro[/QUOTE]

<div>hi! i am also researching maritime parc...from what i was told by the coordinator......they are 3 floors but depending if all floors are booked, then you can only have one floor...like the top floor is for 125 guests max...second floor is min of 150 guests............i think downstiars is the bar/restaurant.........ive never been to libery house but i have a few photographers that have shot weddings at maritime parc and liberty house and said MP is sooo much better bc it's modern</div>
  • Hi all, I recently got engaged and I am also looking at these 3 sights for obvious reasons as well.  I have an appointment at Maritime soon and I was given $150 pp plus T/G for a Friday in May/June (through email), my dates are flexible though... Does anyone know what these venues go for in Feb/March? Any info would be greatly appreciated and helpful... Thanks

• We have an appt w/ Elizabeth this Sat. We just started researching venues in the NYC/NJ area and MP seems like a great place. I too have concerns about interior decorating/flowers/etc with such a sparse space. Also concerned if three stations are enough for 250 guests. Looks like there's availability Labor Day Sunday, which is right around the corner, but only other date this year was Thanksgiving wknd.

Any input on what to expect or ask for would be greatly appreciated. =)

• So I'm pretty close to booking Maritime Parc in JC for a March wedding.  I wanted to know if anyone has had there wedding there with the cocktail reception menu.  It includes passed hors d' and 3 dinner stations.... I'm a little worried that it may not be enough food! Any info on this ladies? Thanks
  • Just booked Labor Wknd! They've assured us there'll be plenty of food for 250 guests. Also doing 3 stations and pass arounds.
  • Congrats JBlingz... I believe I'll be booking tomorrow... If its not too much trouble could you keep posting on how things go while working with Maritime.. Im booking for March... Thanks 

Iyn Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_liberty-house-maritime-parc-jersey-city?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:373d0b3e-9906-4131-8f1e-e0b0f78e2b35Post:7c1c504e-050b-4005-9116-0a9e5038d879">Re: Liberty House/ Maritime Parc - Jersey City</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just booked Labor Wknd! They've assured us there'll be plenty of food for 250 guests. Also doing 3 stations and pass arounds.
    Posted by JBlingz[/QUOTE]
  • I am looking to visit that place, do you mind telling me the price pp? Would you say its a typical $25,000.00 wedding venue? 
  • @katttchin the OP is long gone, this thread was started years ago.  Call the venue and ask-- I know they were both far out of our price range, which was also about $25k for 150 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @katttchin- $170/plate +7% tax and 22% gratuity 
  • In case this helps anyone, we just booked Liberty House for a Sunday in Spring of 2015 and it came out to $150 pp + admin fees and taxes.  We are doing our ceremony on site, which is included in the price as well.
  • Liberty house is $190 for sat in spring 2015....200 people minimums for Saturday in the ballroom. Note: they are very difficult to work with. If my fiancé hadn't fallen in love I wouldn't be getting married there. Everything with them is difficult.
  • LKieniLKieni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Had my bridal shower at maritime. Our guests had a good time and the views were great but other than that, a bad experience. They were disorganized and the coordinator only showed up for last hour of the event. The bathrooms were dirty and my mom cleaned them herself. They didn't serve the food as promised, specifically macaroons and sea salt caramels for dessert. They didn't serve the appetizers we choose and short changed us- only served 6 when we paid for 8. We went over the time limit (as showers often do) by 14 min and tried to charge us for an additional 4 hours. Not sure putting up with them is worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards