North Carolina

Outdoor Wedding Help!

We are driving to N.C. to host our small, intimate wedding ceremony. However, we arent from N.C. and I would like suggestions of beautiful outdoor locations where we could have our wedding this summer. Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Help!

• What part of NC are you looking at and how many people are you wanting to host? Also, what kind of budget range?

This will help other posters assit you better as NC is actually a pretty large state :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_outdoor-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:42a28544-b50d-4202-a99c-30bce89fe727Post:0631d60c-5625-460e-ad06-92b8193da075">Re: Outdoor Wedding Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What part of NC are you looking at and how many people are you wanting to host? Also, what kind of budget range? This will help other posters assit you better as NC is actually a pretty large state :o)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Sorry!

Any city is fine, we don't have one in particular.
    It's a very intimate wedding. We will only be inviting 6 guest. Our budget is limited. We are looking to spend next to nothing on a beautiful outdoor location.
  • Here's the thing.  In North Carolina, you have mountains, you have the ocean, and everything in between.  It's really hard to give your recommendations for an outdoor venue when there is such a range in landscape, and you don't have preferences.
  • The Outer Banks of North Carolina are beautiful if you're looking for a beach setting, but you'll want to do that before August or September, as those islands (and the whole coast of the Carolinas, really) run the risk of getting hammered during hurricane season. 

I do love the beach... but personally, my favorite place to go in North Carolina is the mountains. The Blue Ridge Parkway is absolutely stunning. That's where I'll be getting married in just 12 days!!! 

We're renting a cabin from a private owner (search for vacation rentals by owner -- I can provide the website I used if needed) with enough room for several couples to spend the night. Permit from the National Park Service costs $100, allows 25 guests/10 cars. About 15 people will be joining the mister and I for a short vows ceremony on an overlook with a magnificent view of mountains thta stretch for miles and miles, and then we'll all go for dinner afterwards. We'll probably end up spending a grand total of about $2500-3000 for the cabin, the permit and marriage license, food, photographer, attire, everything... not including rings, which we won't be getting till after. No decorations needed, as the backdrop is just breathtaking as it is.

There are very few options for vendors, restaurants, etc. where we are getting married, near the Va. state line in some mostly untouched stretches of the parkway. Doesn't matter to us as we wanted a very simple, intimate affair. But if you DO want those things, stick closer to the mountain college towns like Asheville and Boone.
  • The beach is Free and is always beautiful. I am on the crystal coast between Beaufort and wilmington and I offer a small wedding package to include a beach set up for $200. Or just a intimate nor frills ceremony $75. You will need to purchase a marriage license where ever you go and that is a $60 cost. If you come to the coast feel free to email me if i can help you out, simplicityinc@ymail.com
  • I would not like a beach wedding. The mountain area would be nice or just a place that has a nice park/outdoor scenery would be nice.
  • I live in Brevard, NC just outside of Asheville and we have hundreds of beautiful waterfalls, off the road hiking vistas, and access to thousands of miles of National Forest.  There are so many resources here to find a beautiful place to wed.  Here are a few web sites and I would be happy to help you further if needed.  I just opened a floral business that I am running out of my home to keep costs down.  Good luck and Congratulations!
    bloom. A floral design company brevard,nc
  • It would also help to know what time of year you are wanting to get married that would help with the choices of places for weddings
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards