New Jersey
Options

Dress Question

During the summers, my legs tend to sweat when I get really hot and now I'm contemplating having a shorter reception dress on standby in case this happens.  I'm worried that wearing the long dress will make this worse and it grosses me out to think of having sweat dripping down my legs into my shoes all night.

For MGs, did your legs get hot in your dress?  Does anyone have this problem as well and how are you planning on handling it?  TIA for any advice!
BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dress Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm of the opinion that your wedding dress is special since you can really only wear it for one day, so you should wear it ALL day.  Assuming your reception is indoors (is it?) and air conditioned I think you'll be fine since you won't really be affected by the outdoor summer heat. 

I, too, sweat a lot, but I'm really not concerned about it.  The only thing that I did make sure of, though, was to get shoes with an ankle strap because when I get hot when I'm dancing I don't want my heels slipping off my feet.

Also, this site may have some good suggestions (not sure how effective any of them are, but using spray deodorant on your legs or the light and sweat absorbing Spanx, if they exist, may be good): http://www.brides.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=49802
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have this problem when i wear like summer dresses i bought a pair of under armor shorts and it helps to keep the cool if you have a long dress maybe you can look into a pair of under armor capris or pants to help u and then take them off once you are inside .....good luck
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got married in August and my dress had a lot of layers on the bottom and it was quite heavy.  I am always sweating, but with our ceremony and reception indoors I didn't have any problems with my legs sweating.     I would hope if you are having an indoor reception your venue will be air conditioned which should help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married in August, but my dress wasn't super heavy. My ceremony was outdoors, but it wasn't too hot & we had a nice breeze. I won't lie -- dancing makes you really hot & I wished I had a shorter dress on but I didn't have the budget for a second dress. If you don't feel like you can really dance in your dress & love to dance I would suggest a diff. dress for the reception (or at least after all the important dances).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long will you be outside? How involved is your dress?  My dress wasn't huge, and I was fine in 2 hours of outdoor cocktail hour in 80-ish degree weather.  The rest of our wedding was in air conditioning so temperature wasn't a problem.

Most of the reception hall ballrooms I've been in are FREEZING when the guests first get in -- I think they adjust the temperature so it is fine when people are dancing.  And hey -- you're the bride.  If you get hot during the reception, ask them to turn the thermostat down!

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zeitsev  You have a PM :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses!  I think you all are probably right about being inside and it not being too much of a problem.  We're taking all pictures outside before our outdoor ceremony and that may still be uncomfortable but once we're inside for the reception I'm guessing I'll cool down.  I'm planning on having a short white dress for the bridal shower and may bring it along for the wedding just in case. 
    BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
    BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
    BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards