BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my goodness that's beautiful.  I love the bodice!

what's going on on the skirt? are those dots? (it's pretty, whatever it is)
  • edited December 2011
    I have had bad experiences with Davids Bridals in general... in Asheville and now in Raleigh. I only went into the one in Raleigh to purchase color swatches and stood and stood at the counter, for probably about 10 minutes only to be ignored.  

I agree with Bridal Mart... I went there about 11 on a Monday morning and was the only one in the store. It was VERY nice to have the store to myself.  Beware though... there are no dressing rooms!
  • az3thouaz3thou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_davids-bridal-raleigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:4438d698-a866-455e-bf85-66a0a8bb2a03Post:738056e2-c5f3-4264-a390-3f4dda12d5de">Re: David's Bridal - Raleigh</a>:
    [QUOTE]my goodness that's beautiful.  I love the bodice! what's going on on the skirt? are those dots? (it's pretty, whatever it is)
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

The bodice is what I loved about it, too. And the skirt has glitter all over it. I'm in the process of trying to find silver glitter shoes to go with it. I actually just got a pair in the mail today, but they seem kind of cheap so I'm going to keep looking.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's prom season, I bet you can find tons of options with glitter :)

I kind of have an obsession with wedding dresses with crossed bodices
  • az3thouaz3thou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sooo, here's an update. Went to the DB at Southpoint for Bridesmaids dresses. It was not bad at all. The girl helping us was really nice. Only problem was the colors were SO different in person than online, so it completely shot down any ideas I had. We found a couple that were okay.

Still got my Bridal Mart experience! We went there today. The dressing room idea is still really weird. I felt bad for my poor sister, making her try on dress after dress in there. We found one we like in a descent color. My problem is, I want a true pink, and I haven't been able to find one in a cut of a dress that I really like. Plus, my sister is the only BM in NC...the other three are in MA, and they are almost not being cooperative. They keep trying to find other dresses everytime I suggest they go try on one we liked. It's pretty frustrating, and I feel like we're just wasting time, especially because until I know the dress shade, I can't exactly figure out flower or cake colors.

I knew the bridesmaids dresses would be the toughest part of this, but I didn't know it would suck this much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards