New Jersey

Stonehouse/Morris Museum/Bernards Inn/The Loft/Kean/Highlawn Pavilion

Hi!!!! Wondering if anyone can help. We are planning an April (or May) wedding, the ceremony will be in Morristown and we are searching high and low for reception sites. The challenge in the planning process is that we live in Spain, so much of what we have to do is online (before sending my parents or friends to see in person). Wondering if anyone has had any experiences at any of these places?? Quality of food is SUPER important to us...would be nice to have a little outdoor space...and we'd love to be able to bring in Spanish wine. BUT I know all those things in one place are nearly impossible.

Help? Or alternative suggestions? I think I've looked at every website in the world...

Thanks!!!
Lynne

Re: Stonehouse/Morris Museum/Bernards Inn/The Loft/Kean/Highlawn Pavilion

• I'm getting married at The Stone House next July and think it has a lot of what you're looking for. They have outdoor space with firepits for ambiance (or roasting marshmallows) and a large garden where they grow their own veggies that they use in their food. They offered us a wide variety of options in terms of our menu and were willing to work with pretty much anything we suggested to fit it into our budget. The food is seriously delicious- I hate most wedding food and am very picky and this was exactly what you'd expect from a gourmet meal.

One thing to note is that The Stone House does not have the super fancy vibe that you may get from venues like the Highlawn, Nonina's or The Manor. Definitely more of a rustic vibe. Hope this helps and good luck! 
  • I just went to a wedding tasting at the Stonehouse and the food was good.  Like pp said, there is an outdoor area which is nice.  If you do your event at the gallery (as opposed to in the ballroom), you can have your cocktail hour outside under a tent on their deck. 

I've also been to the Morris Museum and I think you have to hire your own caterer, so that might be good if you want to control the food and wine, I know there are some good caterers in the area.  But the museum doesn't have outside space.  Good luck!
  • Take a look at the Lake Valhalla Club - I attended a wedding here recently and thought it was really nice - has the indoor/outdoor spaces......beautiful lake.... I don't think they allow outside wine....but def something to look into.  Good luck!  I can't imagine doing this all from a distance, let alone another country!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have only been to the stone house on your list. In my opinion the cocktail hour food was great, the reception food was just okay for me. The place and ambiance is amazing though. I definitely would give it a super high rating.
  • Thank you thank you for your feedback!! We actually ended up booking at the Lake Valhalla Club...it looks like just what we want and as it turns out, my whole family grew up going there! Perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards