New Jersey

My centerpieces...

Here is the inspiration for my centerpeices! My planner was charging me $250 but will do each for $200! !

I need help choosing flowers. My colors are dark purple, grey/silver and white and some bling! what flowers will look great?? I love roses and peonies, but will they work on a centerpiece like this? Oh and the vase will be filled with plums instead of limes!

*~* Live, Laugh, Love *~*

Re: My centerpieces...

• Hi!  My colors were dark purple, grey/silver and white and I did a similar centerpiece.  I found it hard to find dark purple flowers, so we went with all white with the branches and tea lights (the blingy option was crystals and beading and were just as cute).  We used purple as an accent color in the menus and favors, and upgraded to silver linens. 

• What season? Flower availability changes by season.

I'm also wondering - will your florist be helping you choose the flowers? If she has already quoted you a price, she must have some flowers in mind. If she didn't, she wouldn't just give you a price without knowing what flowers you would choose. I don't know flowers well, but carnations are clearly less expensive than something else that is more (Again, i don't know flowers....) So if she quoted you $200 instead of $250, she probably has an idea of what she can get for that price and not lose out on each centerpiece.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_my-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:40f75709-de0c-44d9-b099-bdf60c44a125Post:35645e84-fb75-4e91-bb0d-cf37b5c4ca07">Re: My centerpieces...</a>:
    [QUOTE]What season? Flower availability changes by season. I'm also wondering - will your florist be helping you choose the flowers? If she has already quoted you a price, she must have some flowers in mind. If she didn't, she wouldn't just give you a price without knowing what flowers you would choose. I don't know flowers well, but carnations are clearly less expensive than something else that is more (Again, i don't know flowers....) So if she quoted you $200 instead of $250, she probably has an idea of what she can get for that price and not lose out on each centerpiece.
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>She does have an idea of the flowers...but I wanted something different. She was going to use Hydrangeas and maybe roses. I was thinking of maybe getting a fuller look without using the hydrangeas. </div>

• Here were my flowers for my recent October wedding. Our colors were purple and brown with hints of orange.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_my-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:40f75709-de0c-44d9-b099-bdf60c44a125Post:42dd1c7b-ac2a-4d8b-9de2-f2c53d65085a">Re: My centerpieces...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here were my flowers for my recent October wedding. Our colors were purple and brown with hints of orange.
    Posted by GiGiV2012[/QUOTE]

<div>That's really pretty! What flowers did you use?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_my-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:40f75709-de0c-44d9-b099-bdf60c44a125Post:09b0ace7-3bf5-4d91-bfce-1be245ca469f">Re: My centerpieces...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My centerpieces... : That's really pretty! What flowers did you use?
    Posted by Soon2BeMrsPugh[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure she used orange dendrobium orchids and purple hydrangeas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards