New Jersey
Options

WDYT: Wedding Invites sent after Shower

My bridesmaids want to host my shower on April 10 because 3 of us are in law school and after that we will have no lives until after exams in mid-May. My concern is that by than I don't think we will have even sent out our wedding invitations since our date is July 3rd. Part of me wants to wait until June after we are all done with exams but they think that won't leave them with enough time to get everything together. Also I'm concerned that people will get their invitations to the shower and think, "well we haven't even been invited to the actual wedding yet." I don't know maybe I'm thinking about this way too much. What do you ladies think? TIA!

Re: WDYT: Wedding Invites sent after Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this is a problem. I hosted BFF's bridal shower in July and her wedding was in October. She sent her wedding invitations in August and honestly I never even considered that this would be in issue. Did you send an STD?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this as an issue.  My shower was in April and I wasn't getting married until September.  I don't think anyone will care that the shower is not a month before the wedding...Actually I'd rather it be farther so i'm not spending so much in a short period of time. 
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is not a problem. I'm having two showers and both of them will occur before the invites go out. I think it would be better to have your shower early than to have it right before the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I knew I was over-thinking this. We did send out our STD already.
  • Options
    viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its a problem.  I have gone to showers where we had not rec'd the wedding invite yet and I never even gave it a second thought. 

BTW, I'm in law school too, what school do you attend? 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    As long as everyone invited to the shower is also invited to the wedding, I don't see a problem at all.

Also, since a bride should never be hosting her own shower, it's not like it's under your control. If someone says something (which I doubt they would), you can always sweetly reply, "My bridesmaids graciously hosted the shower on a day convenient for them. Since brides aren't supposed to be involved with planning their own showers, of course it wasn't up to me! *pretty smile, bat eyelashes* Did you get a slice of that delicious cake that they're serving?"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Viviannac- I'm a 2L at Catholic University down in DC. What school are you at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both my showers were before my invitations for the wedding went out. I don't think it's a big deal. I wouldn't think twice if I received a shower invite prior to the wedding invitation.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 4L evening, graduating in May from New York Law School.  Can't wait. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My invites went out the same day as my shower you're definitely overthinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards