North Carolina

Tell me about your wedding rings!!

We just started looking at bands and I want to hear about everyone else's!  I have a round solitaire diamond e-ring, and can't decide if I just want a plain band or channel-set diamonds...
Where did you get your wedding bands? Does yours have diamonds in it, or is it plain? Did you get it designed specifically to match your engagement ring, or did you pick one that was already designed?

Re: Tell me about your wedding rings!!

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a round solitaire as well.  I chose a plain band.  Photos are in my bio.

We got them at Jared.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine from Jared. It's an eternity band so it goes perfectly with my engagement ring.  I tried looking online at bands but found it much better to go into the store and look at them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought that channel set/ plain were my only options. I have a princess cut solitaire.  But, I found a prong set band that I love and it goes well with my band.  I'm glad that I made that decision, I think that the plain band would have been too plain for me.  

• edited December 2011
    My e-ring (princess cut center and round side stones) came from bluenile and it was really hard to find any band with diamonds that would match up to my side stones.  Eventually I found a diamond band from Reeds.  I added the milgrained to both the e-ring & band to match my rustic vintage wedding theme.

My rings are in my bio, if you want to check it out
  • edited December 2011
    I actually got an engraved band.  My e-ring has a round-cut diamond with diamonds halfway around the band.  I didn't want a band with diamonds halfway around because i'm OCDish and didn't want to have to be constantly aligning the rings.  I also didn't want an eternity band because I've heard they're hard to resize.

People usually think my band has diamonds in it from the way it's cut.  And DH's ring matches mine (it looks like my band is in the center of his) which is neat.  We got all of our rings from Diamonds Direct in Raleigh.  They have a big sale every spring where they bring in TONS of additional jewlery, that's when we found DH's band.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_tell-wedding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:4704e84c-ea32-4c0d-b67a-9b942a62865fPost:6b13c21d-7797-4913-9573-27d0f1db10c8">Re: Tell me about your wedding rings!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually got an engraved band.  <strong>My e-ring has a round-cut diamond with diamonds halfway around the band.  I didn't want a band with diamonds halfway around because i'm OCDish and didn't want to have to be constantly aligning the rings.</strong>  I also didn't want an eternity band because I've heard they're hard to resize. People usually think my band has diamonds in it from the way it's cut.  And DH's ring matches mine (it looks like my band is in the center of his) which is neat.  We got all of our rings from Diamonds Direct in Raleigh.  They have a big sale every spring where they bring in TONS of additional jewlery, that's when we found DH's band.
    Posted by ANSchick08[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad you said this!  My e-ring is similar (only with a princess cut diamond) and I was going to get the diamonds halfway around on the band as well.  However, it didn't even cross my mind that I would want to constantly line them up.  But now that you've said it, I realize I totally would be that way.  I'm a little OCD-ish too.  Hm, now I'll have to come up with something else.  Luckily I have plenty of time for this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I really had a had time finding a wedding band that matched my engagement ring, b/c the engagement ring that went with my ring I didn't like and it was too plain for me. My FI got my ring from Zales, we started looking for wedding bands online but found out that it is best that you go to a store to purchase the rings b/c looking online can be deceiving (great deals when you go in as well and what you see online sometimes may not be in the stores, or whatever price you see online may not be offered to you when you go instore), if you purchase a ring offline you may not get what you think your getn once the rings come in the mail b/c the online companies differ from the actual instore rings. Trust me, it happens... My engagement ring is a Princess-Cut Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring and my FI purchased a different band for me b/c I didn't like the set, I got a band with diamonds on both sides and my engagemnet ring sits inside the band- but we had to get it sized and broken down in order for my ring to sit inside the band, but it looks really nice, and I was pleased and I'm very had to please. Good Luck and Best Wishes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards