New Jersey
Options

IRENE postponed our wedding!

We had to make the decision early Friday am to postpone our wedding (it was supposed to be today at waterside on the hudson river). with so many our out family and friends traveling we were already getting cancellations. Our feat was the bridges would close, the venue would loose power and all our friends from NYC were with out public transportation. Flights were getting cancelled as well including the best mans!! Good news is we spoke with all of our vendors and they were all more than understanding of circumstance and willing to work with us. Next step will be to meet with venue early this week to see I'd they have any dates left in the coming weeks / months. Wish us luck!!

Re: IRENE postponed our wedding!

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  I hope you find a date in the near future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Omg good luck!!! You did the right thing. My friend got married down the shore yesterday and it was a challenge. Now you can enjoy your day to the fullest. AND you are ready to go and can relax! Please keep us posted.
  • Options
    buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I can not even imagine!!  I hope you are OK because I know I would be a nutcase.  That's great that your vendors are accomodating, and hopefully you can rebook soon!  Keep everyone posted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good luck~ So sorry,but you might luck out with some stuff you know? On a lighter note, you can name some drinks Irene and your guests will always remember! Keep us updated

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I hope you get a new date without a problem!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww!  So sorry!  But best of luck!!!  I am sure your day will be beautiful :)  Good luck and keep us posted on your new date!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww. So sorry that you had to cancel your wedding.  good luck rescheduling everything, I'm sure that it will all work out!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Luckily you have great vendors and can still have an awesome wedding!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that Irene put a damper on your plans this weekend!  I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to reschedule without too much hassle!  If you need anything just let us know!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

So sorry!  It must have been a tough decision, but I definitely think you made the right one! 
    That's wonderful that all your vendors were so understanding.  I hope you find a day soon that you can coordinate with all of them.
    Best of luck!  I'm sure you will have the most amazing wedding day soon!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear that, but in the long run you will be glad you did. Hope everything works coordinating vendors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you have to deal with this. I hope that everything works out for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TwoByTwilightTwoByTwilight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that bit-h.......

Hopefully all can be straighten out and you will be having your beautiful wedding soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I can't even imagine - I hope that everything works out for you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering what brides would do this past weekend.  I was thinking of all of you.  I think you made the right decision and good luck getting another date soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck I am sure you are super bummed hopefully they have a date soon for you guys :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You poor thing :( I have the upmost respect for your optimism bc I would be having a fit. It sounds like things will work out fine :) Make sure u take a moment with ur FI to breathe!

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with future plans! We cancelled our outdoor casual picnic wedding Sunday but then had a shotgun wedding Monday at a totally different place with very few people but mostly family. I hope that everything works out for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just there 2 weeks ago, food was great and the view was awesome.  I was in the white room on the second floor
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards