New Jersey
Options

Post-Reception Party??

What did you and your guests do when the reception ended (or what are you planning to do)?  Did everyone just go home?  Was there a bar at or near your reception venue that some guests met at to keep the party going?  Did everyone meet at someone's house to keep partying?

Depending on how much FI and I drink and how exhausted we are from all of the craziness of the day, I could see us passing out in our hotel room or going the distance and partying into the wee (or not so wee) hours of the next morning!  :-)
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Post-Reception Party??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are continuing the party back at the hotel once it's over.  We're having a bunch of people staying and they are giving us a hospitality suite for the after-party.  Do you have people staying at a hotel?  If so, is there a bar?  Most of them have some kind of suite or something that they will let you use.

i can't wait for our afterparty...it's going to be a blast!
    10/10/10- Ten years in the making!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We added an additional two hour afterparty on to our reception with cigar bar and martini bar.  This brings the end of the reception to 2:30.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Marrying in The Grand Summit, so going downstairs to their bar, The Hunt Club and continuing the party... next day breakfast and then party at the pool!  So YES afterparties!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Oyster Point Hotel on a Sunday, so a lot of people left, but the OOT guests and my closest friends and family stayed at thehotel bar for a couple of more drinks, laughs, and pictures :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an afterparty at the hotel, and then a breakfast at the hotel the next morning. Both were well-atended!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Magoobie - I'm getting married on a Sunday, too, but not at a hotel so I feel like our options are pretty limited.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an after party at the bar in the hotel. Not too many people came down since everyone was tired but it was nice to have some extra time to visit with guests. We also had breakfast for everyone the next morning and that was a big hit.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had an afterparty at our reception venue.  The wedding was over at 10:30, but we carried on until around 3.  One of my favorite memories of the night was playing drunken freeze tag under the stars with my friends on the lawn where cocktail hour was... brought back a lot of memories of growing up out in the woods in NJ :)

There wasn't a real bar -- they set up the drinks in the living room of the mansion on the property.  I was a little nervous with all of us drinking around the antiques (like there was a million-dollar china cabinet in there).  But everyone behaved!

I was completely wired all day and night, so being tired was not an issue and I was really glad to continue the party.  I even woke up at like 6 the next morning because I was still so tired -- that is *so* not me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to the bar at the hotel and counted down until midnight since it was my birthday the next day :)
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We invited some friends up to our room once we got back to the hotel. We had brought our own drinks ... some people changed into comfy clothes, others were still in their nice outfits.

Some people hung out at the hotel bar in the lobby, I heard.

I also heard that other guests brought their own drinks to the hotel and hung out in their own rooms ... one of our friends came up to our room a while after our "after-party" started and said she was having drinks at the bar, and apparently my aunt said to her, "Why are you BUYING drinks? Come up to our room, we brought our own!" :)

We didn't want to plan anything ahead of time, in case we were too tired to hang out. So we just brought along the drinks and played it by ear. We were not ready to go to sleep once we got to our room and took off the tux/gown, so we changed and then texted some friends telling them our room number and that they were welcome to come and hang out.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hung out in someones room and had a few drinks and some snacks it was nice and low key and it was just the "young" crowd mostly our bridal party and some other friends staying at the hotel. We went to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour (for a wedding night) and got up for breakfast with all of the hotel guests early the next morning.
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having an after party at the reception hall for an hour after the reception. i have a feelin a lot of people are going to hang out there afterward. then we'll go back to the hotel and hang out in the lobby. looking forward to it, it should be a fun time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards