New Jersey
Options

jammed finger!

my mom skills arent up to par!so i jammed my finger catching a football and it's a bit swollen. no bruising. no excruciating pain moving it, but doesnt straighten easily. tender when i squeeze it. the upper knuckle keeps getting stiff.i've been resting it on a pack of frozen veggies.any input? TIA! 

save the date
"Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>

Re: jammed finger!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I played football for over 10 years so I can say that I've had some bumps and bruises. Not much you can do about this other than keep icing and take ibuprofen which is an anti-inflammatory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This actually sounds exactly like a torn ligament. Ive had it twice over the years in my fingers. One was from a bad fall and the other was from volleyball. The dead give away when I got it, was the difficulty straightening it. If it continues, get it peaked at to be on the safe side :o) fyi- a torn ligament is no biggie at all. They just have you wear a finger splint for a few weeks.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'm wearing a finger splint right now anyway :)  Managed to dig one up from when I slammed my finger in a door like 5 years ago!

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards