New Jersey
Options

Wedding Album from Photographer

*3rd time's the charm?  Having trouble positing
 Hi all,
I am trying to decide whether to "upgrade" the album offered in a wedding photographer package. The package we are interested in offers a "Blurb" wedding book. For $500 more we could upgrade to a Cypress Album, which I would really prefer.
Now, do you think this is something we could negotiate? Say, ask her to meet us halfway? What are your thoughts on albums?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Album from Photographer

• Options
    I absolutely love our wedding album and you truly get what you pay for.  I don't remember exactly what we paid, but we have thick pages, a gorgeous cover, and the quality is awesome.  I really think it's money well spent it comes to all the other things you'll pay for during your planning.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I say upgrade because there is nothing worse than living with regret! it's your wedding, once in a lifetime!! So don't go hold back on anything you might regret later...I kno brides who went cheaper on things like video then have cried & cried cuz they hate their video soo much & I know if they could turn back the hands of time, they rather pay more & get the better quality! go0d luck!!! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I think we've decided to upgrade. Better to do it right the first tim than have to pay extra to re-do it later! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What photographer are you using that would even consider offering a Blurb book as an album to their clients?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-album-from-photographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4b10393c-d545-4e6f-8405-bc8d4dd99a24Post:1742411a-fbef-48ad-af8d-268c7e3f4f1e">Re: Wedding Album from Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]What photographer are you using that would even consider offering a Blurb book as an album to their clients?
    Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually think it is a good option for someone on a budget who still wants an album, and she recognizes that some will want to upgrade without moving up to a higher package with other extras. This is just one photographer that we are looking at. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-album-from-photographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4b10393c-d545-4e6f-8405-bc8d4dd99a24Post:b9f1b3c3-1474-43a7-b97d-0b39714a2d12">Re: Wedding Album from Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Album from Photographer : I actually think it is a good option for someone on a budget who still wants an album, and she recognizes that some will want to upgrade without moving up to a higher package with other extras. This is just one photographer that we are looking at. 
    Posted by lauraminn[/QUOTE]

<div>My question really is - if you're "on a budget" why would you pay a "professional" photographer for book that you can make yourself? The photographer would probably be better off offering a low cost professional album instead of something that the public has direct access to.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Cypress is a mid quality/priced album that you will probably be very happy with.  I am surprised that any pro photographer would offer a blurb album.  It's basically a consumer grade album made with cardstock pages, instead of photopaper.  I would definitely upgrade.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-album-from-photographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4b10393c-d545-4e6f-8405-bc8d4dd99a24Post:c1fb0cdc-dc1a-4295-b06c-2a78b78c32f8">Re: Wedding Album from Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Album from Photographer : My question really is - if you're "on a budget" why would you pay a "professional" photographer for book that you can make yourself? The photographer would probably be better off offering a low cost professional album instead of something that the public has direct access to.
    Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]
    Because they're banking on the fact that you may not know you can make that yourself? Not everyone is on TK or other websites to know this. I was quite surprised to talk to other women (off of TK) who were married in the last year & had no idea they could make their own photobooks or centerpieces. It was quite bizarre. <div>
    </div><div>We can't afford a high quality album right now, so I chose to get the better photographer & make a photobook online for now. You can get them for next to nothing with sales. We would like to get a pro album in the future.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards