North Carolina
Options

WNC - cheap venue suggestions!

I really need some suggestions for a venue! II live in Asheville, but am willing to look at places anywhere in WNC or even TN/SC. I am on a super-tight budget, paying for my wedding myself. So I'm only inviting ~100 people and expecting about 75 to actually come. I need a site for the ceremony and reception, and we like the idea of an outdoor venue. Unfortunately I'm not from the area and don't have any friends with a beautiful backyard. Also I've worked in hotels for years and seen a ton of hotel weddings so I'd rather not get married in a hotel. It would feel too much like work! Haha!

Please help! We've been engaged for a month and a half now and I have absolutely no planning done because I can't find a venue!

Thanks!!!! :)

Re: WNC - cheap venue suggestions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of gorgeous parks, both state and national, that are cheap or free to use.  I would suggest starting there if you are leaning towards an outdoor venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know if you find anything, going through the same thing. We were thinking of renting a home, guests can pay to stay there & have the reception there but haven't a hard time finding a location/home rental.

good luck!
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wnc-cheap-venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:4a860544-99a9-4500-86ef-9704ff7ee45bPost:8c3f1145-02dc-4528-81d5-cdece7b13e8c">Re: WNC - cheap venue suggestions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me know if you find anything, going through the same thing. We were thinking of renting a home,<strong> guests can pay to stay there</strong> & have the recept ion there but haven't a hard time finding a location/home rental. good luck!
    Posted by bwhittlesey[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say, I don't really agree with this (bolded area). Either rent place for just you and family, and your guests can pay for a hotel. Or let the guests stay for free.

Just my though. 

Good luck! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nagalietnagaliet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

McGuire's Millrace Farm is located in WNC, in a town called Murphy and it is FAR from a hotel setting! I am not sure what your budget is, but their prices are affordable and the people are very nice and easy to work with. The facility and grounds are outstanding! It is on a 100 acre farm, and the facility is a 6,600 square foot timber framed barn. It is very unique and fun. They are advertised here on the Knot and at www.mcguiresmillracefarm.com. Good luck!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards