New Jersey
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

Excuse if this has been asked before.
FMIL said to let people know about the dinner. Obviously I think I should get invitations (plain ones) and send them out, right? Where can I get these? AC Moore, Michaels? I have never walked into these stores so I dont know, LOL

Also, do readers get invited as well? (I think so).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do we definitely need to get invitations out? We may just call people.

Yes, readers should be invited.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I sent out invites that FI printed on card stock to let everyone know that way the address and directions were on it.

I invited everyone that had any part in the ceremony.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    We wont be inviting anyone that wont be coming to the actual rehearsal. Therefore when we inform people about the rehearsal, we will also tell them dinner is to follow. bla bla bla. I dont think you have to do invitations. Its just an added expense IMO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got 10 dollar invites from Vista Print haha. But in all seriousness ,you can call/email them about the rehersal -  anyone involved in the ceremony
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We plan on  inviting people either on the phone or in person, I don't see the need for an additonal expense.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok girls, thanks for your input. Two years ago when FI was in his cousin's wedding she sent invites out so I was under the impression that it was a must.

I will just call and call it a day....thanks again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought cheap invites from Michaels and printed them.  Personally I do not like the call to invite at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Cheryl- buying cheap invites from Michael's makes it more of an event IMO. we'll be sending out invitations, and they aren't costing that much. Maybe $10. Well worth it, especially compared to the total wedding cost.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of an invite too..makes it more official
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

After all the rest of the work for the wedding, I was in no mood to make invitations for the rehearsal dinner.  The only people coming were the 8 in the bridal party (plus significant others if they wanted), our parents, and DH's uncle from out of town.  It was easy enough to just shoot everyone an email and just remind them again in person.

• Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my invitations from Vistaprint, they were nice and cheap

I invited readers and gift bearers too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I like the idea of sending the invites.
    I would include everyone for the dinner that is involved in the wedding, including readers, ring bearer/FG
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards