New Jersey
Options

Wedding Recap- Reviews- 6/9/12

I'm finally getting around to writing the reviews of our wedding vendors. I must say that we literally had the most perfect day. Our vendors were fabulous and made sure that everything went smoothly. 

Venue- Neshanic Valley Golf Course- A++++++++

I cannot say enough positive praise for our venue. We started working with Danielle (who unfortunately is no longer there) 13 months before the wedding. She made sure that my vision came true. Their packages are wonderful but we did upgrade almost everything. I hated the chairs that were included. We rented chairs and hired a lighting guy. If you use this venue I would definitely suggest that you do the same. It changes the look of the whole venue. It was 100% worth it. The food was FANTASTIC! We had a very large cocktail hour with some custom appetizers. Dinner was delicious. As we made our rounds that evening I noticed that everyone had cleaned their plates. Rare at weddings we've attended- and we've been to 15+ in the past 2 summers. Bruce took care of everything the day of the wedding. He made sure everything ran smoothly. If anything went wrong I had no idea because he took care of it all. Our friends and family are still raving about the food and the view. I would HIGHLY recommend Neshanic Valley! 

Photographer- AgaImages- A+++++++++++

One of the most important things to us was getting a fabulous photographer. I looked at 3 different websites before booking Aga and Marcin. We looked no furthur. They were extrememly professional and answered every question in a timely fashion for the 14 months leading up to the wedding. They took so many fabulous, personal pictures during the day and we didn't even remember they were there. I cry everytime I look at our photos. They truly are a work of art. I will include the link to our slideshow at the end of my review. 

Makeup Artist- Sally Duvall- Marlena- A+++++++++

We all loved Marlena!!! We all got airbrush makeup and eyelashes for around $100 a person- including me! I had a smaller bridal party (4 girls) plus me and the two moms. She got us all done in a short amount of time and everyone looked GORGEOUS! I have never felt more beautiful. 

Ginger Lime Florist- A+++++++++

AMAZING!!!!! Our flowers were unbelievable and exactly what I had pictured in my mind. We were supposed to provide half the vases to them a week before the wedding. We were borrowing them from a friend and had never seen them before. When we picked them up from the friend they were nothing what we thought they would be. After a mild panic attack I called Angela and Erin and they were so wonderful. They provided us with great resources and we had it all fixed in a matter of 24 hours. They worked within our budget and gave us exactly what we wanted. 

Jeffrey's Bridal- A

I purchased my dress from Priscilla of Boston a few weeks before they went out of business. I am so happy they fulfilled my order because I was in love with my dress. I was then left to find someone to alter my dress. My mom had purchased her dress from Jeffrey's so that's where we took my dress. They did charge us quite a bit more since I didn't purchase my dress there. I was a little annoyed since my mom purchased hers there and paid quite a bit for her alterations as well. BUT- they did a great job. I only had 2 fittings since I live out of state. I went for my last fitting 4 days before my wedding which made me extremely nervous. I had lost 8 more pounds since my previous fitting so the dress wouldn't stay up. They did such a fantastic job fixing it at the last minute. When I went back the day before the wedding it fit like a glove. I was very impressed considering they altered it from a size 8 down to a 0. 

Band- Charisma- A+++++++++++

I don't think we- or anyone else for that matter- sat down for the entire evening! They were fabulous!!!! It was important to us to have a live band. We knew that it would be a lot more than a DJ but they were worth it. The dance floor was packed every second and they played everything from the oldies to newer hits. They learned new songs for us and made sure that our first dance was played exactly as it was when we learned it at the dance studio. Marie was fantastic to work with and had an amazing voice! People continue to complement the band!

Here's our wedding slideshow

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards