New Jersey

True Love Bridal

Has anyone been to True Love Bridal boutique in Matawan?  Is it any good?

I saw them at a bridal show today and they had some nice dresses.  I know the designer of most of them was Casablanca bridal. 
Any comments, recomendations or complaints?
Thank you
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: True Love Bridal

• I live 10 minutes away from it but I've never heard of it. If you are in this area have you been to Castle Couture? They are in Marlboro and have a huge selection. I'm sorry that probably didnt answer your question though. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Never heard of true love bridal, but I have heard of Cinderella Bridal on route 34 in Matawan.  I haven't gone there yet, bought my dress at the Alfred Angelo Signature Store in Cherry Hill, but I do plan of visiting CInderella Bridals when I begin my search for bridesmaids dresses.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I went there because that woman shows up at every single bridal show and I was curious.  It's so tiny and cramped!!!!!!  The dresses are packed on the racks that it's so hard to look through them, and I was sweating up a storm while trying on dresses (not ideal!).  Terrible experience.  BUT if you want a Maggie Sottero or Cassablanca her prices are really low.  I went to Cinderella but was dissapointed with their selection, but a better experience than True Love.  I got my dress at Castle Couture and had one of the best overall experiences there.  Definitely check out CC!  Barefoot Bride in Red Bank is also really good and has a similar selection to True Love, but the shop is much nicer and the consultants are really nice and knowledgable.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • My MOH got her wedding dress there and she was happy with the experience. I remember though going elsewhere for the alterations. I don't think it was her choice - I am almost positive they did their alterations out of a different storefront.
  • Thank you guys so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate your suggestions. I was originally going to go to davids bridal but my aunt offered to buy my dress and wants to check a few places. I really love Alfred Angelos disney collection but I don't know what my budget is yet so don't know if it will be worth the drive. True Love is moving to a bigger place next month. I wonder if it will help the cramped situation.
  • I went to True Love.  I agree with PP that it is small and cramped.  The girl that helped me was really nice though - i think her name was Sarah.  She was young.  I did see that they are moving to a new store that looks about 10x the size of the current one.

I hated Cinderella.  I went on a Saturday and the consultant was a straight up B!tch on wheels.  Maybe the experience is different during the week but I can't comment on that.

I also had a good experience at Hearts for You but this was before they moved to their new, triple the size store.

Castle Couture was by far the best experience out of all of them.  I went on a Thursday night and basically had the place to myself.  i worked with a woman named Marisa.  She was great.  The dress I ended up with I tried on there but I ordered it through my neighbor who manages a designer dress boutique.  If I didn't order it from her, I would ahve ordered it here.  I highly recommend this place.

photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_true-love-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4e39a910-5522-4ad3-b8ce-f5318f5c00f7Post:0215643f-cabb-4f90-911e-a088fdcea80d">Re:True Love Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you guys so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate your suggestions. I was originally going to go to davids bridal but my aunt offered to buy my dress and wants to check a few places. I really love Alfred Angelos disney collection but I don't know what my budget is yet so don't know if it will be worth the drive. True Love is moving to a bigger place next month. I wonder if it will help the cramped situation.
    Posted by MaryGraceRich[/QUOTE]

<div>If you like Alfred Angelo, check out Russell's in Linden.  I also went there and the consultants are great!  Their prices are really reasonable too.  Alfred Angelo dresses are not as expensive as you might think.  I think Cinderella also carries the Alfred Angelo collection.  Hearts for You was another store I had a good experience at.  If you have a particiular designer or style you like, it's best to call ahead and see if the shop has it.  That can help save you some time driving all over the place and then being disappointed to find out they don't have what you're looking for.  Also, bring pics of styles that you like.  Even if the store doesn't have the exact dress you like, they may know of a similar style by another designer.  </div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • I know that only certain stores carry the AA Princess collection.  You can check their website or call the stores you are interested in.  AA also has a variety of dresses in a variety of price ranges, so you won't be disappointed.  I thought the trip to Cherry Hill was worth it but I was only looking at Alfred Angelo dresses.  If I didn't like any of them, IDK what I would have done LOL.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drove into True Love's parking lot and drove right out.  It just didn't look nice at all and when I called later, the woman who answered was rude.  This was a while ago though so hopefully their new space will improve their service. 

Cinderella is old but I had a good experience there.  If you go to Barefoot Bride, you could check out the other salons in Red Bank (Mustillo's and Sassy Chic) and make a day of it.  I went to Mustillo's and liked my experience; they didn't have a ton to choose from though. 

I haven't visited Castle Couture but we are going for my sister's wedding gown. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_true-love-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4e39a910-5522-4ad3-b8ce-f5318f5c00f7Post:56e93a21-276b-432e-a27c-4d870feeea03">Re: True Love Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live 10 minutes away from it but I've never heard of it. If you are in this area have you been to Castle Couture? They are in Marlboro and have a huge selection. I'm sorry that probably didnt answer your question though. LOL
    Posted by gelaine22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I live 10 minutes from there too! lol I think it's in The Marketplace on Route 34? I know there's a bridal store in there, I'm just not sure what it's called. Have you been to Castle Couture? I'm a newly engaged bride just starting my dress hunt! :)</div>
  • I am in Staten Island so I don't know ares in New Jersey that well.   I will google the adresses for the stores and make a map of which ones I want to go to lol.
    I still haven't called my aunt about budget but I still think I want to be under $1000.  I just cant see spending a crazy amount on a dress.  Not because I don't think its important because its actually what I am most excited about buying but because I feel like I can find something amazing for under $1000.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_true-love-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:4e39a910-5522-4ad3-b8ce-f5318f5c00f7Post:e3b379a8-ddde-4ea5-b7c5-edcacb8e1826">Re: True Love Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: True Love Bridal : I live 10 minutes from there too! lol I think it's in The Marketplace on Route 34? I know there's a bridal store in there, I'm just not sure what it's called. Have you been to Castle Couture? I'm a newly engaged bride just starting my dress hunt! :)
    Posted by SMClark23[/QUOTE]

Yes, I went to Castle Couture twice during my hunt. I went all over! LOL
    I bought my dress in north Jersey at Jaehee Bridal b/c I got the best price there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards