New Jersey
Options

The Venetian called!!!

Time for us to pick our menu!!! Weeeeee! :) SO excited can't believe we"re under 2 months!

Neither I nor fiance are fish people. ANy suggestions on a fish that is both popular an doesnt reek!! That is very important as I will literally puke if I get bombarded with that fishy smell...

Re: The Venetian called!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What are the options?  We had Tilapia...everyone who had it said it was really good.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww yay MIa!
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having sea bass which at the tasting I really liked. My other option was salmon which I don't care for
  • Options
    ChloeMarieChloeMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly when another Knottie went I believe she said the ones they recommended were chillean sea bass, red snapper and I want to say swordfish maybe??

Sorry for being so vague. Just wanted to get some ideas considering I dont know one from the other and  when they present me with the suggestions I want to at least act like I have a clue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, need to know options first. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chiliean sea bass is amazing! It is a melt in your mouth type of fish, if you can get that one I would. It is also fairly mild so I think most people like it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They called me today too! When are you going in? I am going next Thursday. I'm glad you posted this, because I was going to go in blind.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think is seabass is the best choice. Next would b tilapia. Soo excited let us know what you pick.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lindz you're going tomorrow? or next Thursday? Im going Tuesday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Next Thursday the 14th. Let me know how it goes! Good luck
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will do!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I third Chilean Seabass.  I don't eat fish (of any kind.. yes that includes shrimp).  My Fiance really like Chilean Seabass, so he was excited to see it on our potential menu
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies, so exciting! I just went 2 weeks ago to pick our menu.  We chose the Chateaubriand, Potato-Encrusted Chilian Sea Bass, and the Chicken with asiago and spinach. They also ask you to choose a duet (combo salad and appetizer). They have pictures of your choices. The intermezzo is lemon sorbet. They also go over all the cocktail hour stations. You pick your pasta sauces, stirfry meats, etc. They pretty much have everything you can think of at cocktail hour but they will take more suggestions if you have more ideas. They walk you through each thing so it's really a breeze. You'll also pick your linens/napkin fabric and discuss the cake. Let me know if you have any questions!!

One month to go!! YA!
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose potato encrusted snapper.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    Chloe, I am so excited for you! Please come back and report about it. I think your guests would prefer either the chilean sea bass or the seafood tower which I heard is very good too.

Rinski, did they try to push that seafood tower on you first? I think it's salmon, swordfish and shrimp? A friend told me they really push that. I would guess since chilean sea bass is expensive.  Your meals would be just what I would pick..
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I know the seabass is expensive, but wouldnt the tower actually provide more of a selection?? Wouldn't a fish person be happy to see 3 different selections in one meal?  Again I despise fish so I dunno! lol

Rinski thanks so much for the info!! :) We want pictures!!!
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure they are similar in price - so maybe seabass harder to come by for a large group?

I do know at a friend's wedding that guests were raving about that 3 fish option. Maybe just mention that neither of you favor fish and what would be universally preferred for the guests.
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked the seabass but it was a big discussion between DH and I between swordfish and seabass.  I think red snapper and salmon were definitely the other options though I think they'll do whatever you ask, really.  :)  That's why I love them!!  Anyway, the seabass was FAB!  And we didn't eat it until we got home that night and reheated it in the microwave!!

BTW, I don't remember a seafood tower option...!  Sounds interesting...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That so exciting! I would also go with the sea bass. Have fun!!!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course I'll share pictures! Interesting, she didn't even mention the seafood tower but I love chilian sea bass so I wouldn't have taken anything else.

Has anyone else picked a bakery? I went for a cake tasting at Palermos and Le Petit Gateau. Over the phone, I felt like the Venetian was pushing me to go to Le Petit but I found Palermo's cakes much prettier/neater.  Although, Le Petit was willing to throw in more (an extra tier, any shape, etc).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Chilean Sea Bass at our wedding was a HUGE hit!
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a trio of a lobster claw, jumbo shrimp and scallop for a seafood dinner just to do something a little different and not so filling because our cocktail hour at Season's is going to be huge. They can do the same type of thing for you if you are interested.

I also love a scallop dish or a crab cake.  It doesn't have to be a piece of fish if you don't love that type of fish.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rinski I was directed to Le Petit. I was told they were dealing with only them now. We went for our tasting and loved them and the staff. They also said they could replicate the pic we showed them (and have done it before) in buttercream. I'm also getting my bridal shower cake from them as well
  • Options
    spajunkie2spajunkie2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding there 2 years ago, don't worry about dinner after that coctail hour nobody will even be thinking about food! They are amazing!!!! People are still talking about our wedding! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards