New Jersey
Options

Lake Mohawk CC

Hi NJ Knotties,

Did anyone get married at or tour the Lake Mohawk Country Club? What are your thoughts on the space for the whole affaire: ceremony, cocktail and reception? 

I am trying to get an idea of pricing as well for a Saturday afternoon into evening event. 

Thanks so much!
Laura
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lake Mohawk CC

• Options
    I actually never went to look at it but I did get a price list because it was a place I was thinking about visiting. I have a girlfriend at work who's sister was married there and she said it was great. Her pictures are beautiful. The director was a little scattered and not too quick to get back to them she said, but they expected that since their friend had warmed them of that so she wasn't surprised. It is definitely on the lower price end around here which is what we were looking for! If you give me your email, I'll shoot you the menu with prices :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_lake-mohawk-cc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:511455a2-b112-445d-a64f-fb3f58185e0ePost:77a4fe07-342f-4dd2-9955-b5249be229d3">Re: Lake Mohawk CC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually never went to look at it but I did get a price list because it was a place I was thinking about visiting. I have a girlfriend at work who's sister was married there and she said it was great. Her pictures are beautiful. The director was a little scattered and not too quick to get back to them she said, but they expected that since their friend had warmed them of that so she wasn't surprised. It is definitely on the lower price end around here which is what we were looking for! If you give me your email, I'll shoot you the menu with prices :o)
    Posted by lconoran[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I sent you a PM with my email :-)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to look here.  The pricing is great.  I enjoyed the whole feel of the place.  If it rained they had a Plan B and a Plan C for the ceremony.  I would say the only thing I didn't like was the bathroom.  The ballroom is pretty and the way it is gives you a lot of room to do what you want with the space.

The main reason we didn't book here was because we didn't think it would be big enough for the amount of people that we would end up having.  They said they had a wedding of 250 in there but that it was a bit tight.

Feel free to PM with any questions.
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_lake-mohawk-cc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:511455a2-b112-445d-a64f-fb3f58185e0ePost:91d4323e-15a8-4cf6-960d-561724feefb4">Re: Lake Mohawk CC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to look here.  The pricing is great.  I enjoyed the whole feel of the place.  If it rained they had a Plan B and a Plan C for the ceremony.  I would say the only thing I didn't like was the bathroom.  The ballroom is pretty and the way it is gives you a lot of room to do what you want with the space. The main reason we didn't book here was because we didn't think it would be big enough for the amount of people that we would end up having.  They said they had a wedding of 250 in there but that it was a bit tight. Feel free to PM with any questions.
    Posted by Iryshcreem[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Iryshcreem, thank you for that review! I got the pricing yesterday and I think it is very competitive. I am going to look in March with my fiance and will be sure to check out the bathrooms. Great tip!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My fiance makes fun of me because that it was one my pet peeves and I go into both the mens and womens rooms when we were looking! VERY important when there's a lot of liquids being consumed :o)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My friend got married there and had reception and everything was really nice!  The views of the lake are so pretty.  They had the cocktail hour outside.  The only thing I would have to say is when they brought everyone inside they did not want to stay inside b/c it was so nice out.  People did dance and stuff but I also found myself being outside more than I ever would at a wedding. 
    I know she said the pricing was awesome and I really enjoyed the wedding!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm actually considering this venue as well, its on the top of my list right now.  If someone wouldn't mind sending me a copy of the price list that would be so great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_lake-mohawk-cc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:511455a2-b112-445d-a64f-fb3f58185e0ePost:560dc178-56ec-4a0e-bd8c-0b241465e2ac">Re: Lake Mohawk CC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually considering this venue as well, its on the top of my list right now.  If someone wouldn't mind sending me a copy of the price list that would be so great! 
    Posted by shannyb41[/QUOTE]

<div>PM me your email address and I can send it to you. We ended up booking here.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards