New Jersey

Bands In New Jersey-HELP

I am trying so hard to find a band that is not too wedding-ish.  My fiance and I feel the music is really important-we think it totally makes the wedding (along with food, decor, etc...) He wants Pat Roddy but I want a band that also has atleast one girl for Lady Gaga haha!  Any suggestions????

Re: Bands In New Jersey-HELP

• edited December 2011
    we booked the infernos they are soo good its like being at a concert! but they are about $8500
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Skyline Drive Orchestra, they played everything from your traditional wedding band music to updated music including Lady Gaga.  The band is made up with musicians that have played with some of the biggest names in the music industry so they are pretty well rounded.  They are on the higher end, but this is definitely the type of thing where you get what you pay for.  
  • TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    We are using Craig Scott Entertainment...They came highly recommended, and I am so excited to have them after meeting them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used The Projekt and they were fantastic! Even the music snobs we invited were impressed!! They had more then one singer and even the band members would jump up for a song and sing!
  • JerseyMLJerseyML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole!

I am having the same problem.  My FI (first typed boyfriend..oops..gotta stop that) is really big into music.  He loves classic rock and jam bands.  He wants a legit band (even a cover band is fine) to play at the wedding but how do I get a beatles cover band to play a few Italian songs to make my whole side happy? 

My sister had Opera 3000.  They were great for her because she wanted a wedding band who could play a wide variety of music to appeal to the younger guests (20-30 somethings) and to the older Polish (his side) and Italian (our side) guests.  They did that beautifully BUT they were totally "Wedding Singer" like. 

I would go check them out just in case they fit what you are looking for.  I am going to follow this post.  Or maybe you could let me know through PM who you ended up going with.  I need serious help in this department too. 
    "Do I look like a killer to you?" "Yes, you kill my patience." -Castle
  • lmcit23lmcit23 member
    edited December 2011
    We booked The Time Machine they are versatile and play everything.  They also have another band called Silk.
  • bleached1bleached1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Starlyte Music. They did do Lady Gaga at my August wedding and even my husband who is not a Lady Gaga fan loved when they played her music.
  • edited December 2011

We are using New Power Soul...my FI and I are big fans of them. I actually love there Lady Gaga and they do a great range of songs.
    @JerseyML...they also do Italian music...their uncle comes and sings the Italian songs. But that probably doesn't help on the Polish end but I know you can get their DJ as well.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • andreapnycandreapnyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using Jason Craig.  we've heard them at a few weddings and they are awesome.  they do a ton of variety,bc the band is pretty big, and can learn anything.  my FSIL asked them to learn a song that just came out 1 week before her wedding and they did! 
    jason can sing italian music as well, which was also another plus for us.  
    i 2nd the infernos, i've heard them play a few times too and they're great as well.

i'd say both jason craig and infermo's are priced approx the same. 
  • Nicolel211Nicolel211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys,

I reached out to Jason Craig, Craig Scott (so many Craigs!), The Groove Shop (anyone know about them??) and Mission Dance.  They were all about $8500!  I want to check out New Power Soul & the Infernos and some of your reccomendations. 

@JerseyML-the Groove Shop is having an open session Sept. 21st if you want to go.  They seem like a pretty chill band.  Also check out Rhythm Shop-they didn't have my date but seem good...priced at around $10K.
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Soul Revival and they weren't the typical cheesy wedding band at all.  We totally didn't want that and saw plenty in our search for a band.  I highly recommend them, they were awesome!  www.soulrevivalband.com
    HTH!
    Lucy
  • susjon08susjon08 member
    edited December 2011
    We used 747 ORCHESTRA.  They were beyond AMAZING..  Their tunes were not the usual wedding band ones.  They are doing a live showcaseMonday Sept. 27 in Nyc
     at the Metropolitan Pavilion on W. 18th Street. We are going back to see them!!! Can't wait.  They go on at 7:45. I can tell you they were priced right and a delight to work with. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used soul solutions. They were beyond amazing. They sand rhianna songs better then she does.
    the also did billy joel' and katie lee'swedding and paul Mccartney to heather mills
    (hopefully my marriage turns out better then both of theirs )
    www.totallylive.com
    As a live event artist, I have been to many weddings. I'm hired to come to the wedding and create a painting onsite of the reception.
    www.perfectpresentusa.com/eventpaintings.html
    I have also seen sarlyte orchestras and they were very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards