New Jersey

Mini (local) honeymoon ideas

FI and I will not be going on our honeymoon for several weeks after the wedding, but, we would want to do a one day trip.  We are looking for something that doesn't require a long commute, so preferably local.  Anyone have any ideas for May in NJ.  thanks so much!

Re: Mini (local) honeymoon ideas

• We are going to North Fork on Long Island at the end of January and I hear it's beautiful in the warmer months.  They have wineries, restaurants, shopping... all that good stuff.

Newport, RI is beautiful.  Spring Lake, NJ I hear is really nice too.  Finger Lakes in NY also have a lot of wineries.  A hotel in NYC sounds awesome too.  W Hotels are awesome and have Bliss products in their bathrooms!  A more boutique hotel I stayed in for my sister's wedding in NYC was The Washington Square hotel downtown.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cape May, Atlantic City (go to Revel if you want to do it up), Berkeley Hotel in Asbury Park, B&B in Spring Lake (they have a few- the Chateau is really nice), Bungalow Hotel in Long Branch
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Do you like wine tasting? The Finger Lakes in upstate New York are amazing!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mini-local-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:52ca1d13-deeb-4467-a913-5faa1667adffPost:441c1e1f-f6a0-461f-880a-ef6d2e53ad14">Re: Mini (local) honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cape May, Atlantic City (go to Revel if you want to do it up), Berkeley Hotel in Asbury Park, B&B in Spring Lake (they have a few- the Chateau is really nice), Bungalow Hotel in Long Branch
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]<div>I almost died when I saw Revel... when they first opened a couple of us made reservations there.  When we got there that evening, the rooms weren't ready and we had to wait several hours in the lobby.  They then stated that they don't really care and that it wasn't their problem.  Oh, and the cherry on the cake was valet stealing a full carton of ciggerates out of the car.</div><div>
    </div><div>Anyway, the B&B ideas are interesting and I will definatly look that up, thansk!</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mini-local-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:52ca1d13-deeb-4467-a913-5faa1667adffPost:c03de1f2-ab81-428a-b055-c0988a791d6b">Re: Mini (local) honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mini (local) honeymoon ideas : I almost died when I saw Revel... when they first opened a couple of us made reservations there.  When we got there that evening, the rooms weren't ready and we had to wait several hours in the lobby.  They then stated that they don't really care and that it wasn't their problem.  Oh, and the cherry on the cake was valet stealing a full carton of ciggerates out of the car. Anyway, the B&B ideas are interesting and I will definatly look that up, thansk!
    Posted by Janxo[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh wow, I had no idea, that really sucks.  Another place you might want to check out is Crystal Springs Resort.  It's way up in north NJ, but the rooms are really nice, they have a fun pool area that's open year round, and the largest wine cellar in the country that you can have dinner at.  There's not a ton to do there, but it's good for a weekend getaway.</div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • I think those are all great ideas! Thank you for posting it - we are also going to be going away for a few days before our honeymoon in the Spring time!

With that said - i wanted to throw in my recommendation: We spent Valentine's Day wknd at Morristown NJ & stayes at the Hyatt which has an amazing spa w/ couples massages & across the street is a wonderful restaurant (Pazzo-Pazzo) & its a beautiful area with fun bars and restaurants and shopping!

Also - NYC is always a great mini getaway!!!

Anniversary

Vacation
  • I'm looking for the same. Just looked into Crystal Springs but a bit out of our budget range! Suggestions would be helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards