New Jersey
Options

anyone not doing a rehearsal?

So our officiant, Ceila Milton, said she suggested that we don't do a rehearsal.  She didn't think it was necessary.  And with the $150 rehearsal fee she charges, I'm thinking she may be right.  

Now, if we do decided to skip the rehearsal, do we still have a rehearsal dinner?  I've never been in a wedding where we didn't have one, and just wanted some opinions as to whether or not we should even do one.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: anyone not doing a rehearsal?

• Options
    We didn't do a rehearsal.  About 45 mins before the start of the ceremony, our coordinator and priest gathered everyone together (except me) and did a "walk through" of what to do.  We got married at the venue and asked everyone to be there a little early. 

We did do a "rehearsal dinner", more so we could spend quality time with our close family and BP, and so that they BP spouses/SOs could mingle and meet each other.  It really was a nice kick-off to the wedding. 
  • Options
    We're most likely not doing a rehersal since we are also getting married at the venue and I think they'll have a wedding there the friday before.  

We are still having a RD of sorts, bc I think it's a good way to have everyone hang out and meet, or reacquaint in a causal way prior to the ceremony.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto - no rehearsal, just dinner - there is nothing terribly complicated about our ceremony, and I think the bridesmaids will be able to figure out how to walk down the aisle.  And we too are having everything at the venue so it just seemed like more trouble then it would be worth.  But we are doing immediate family and bridal pary (with their spouses/ dates) for dinner the night before
  • Options
    no rehearsal - it's not typical for jewish weddings. we're trying to do something fun the night before - probably a pizza party at a byob place near the venue, just so everyone can kick back and have some fun before the big day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    We are not having a rehearsal. I don't think it is necessary unless you are having a complicated religious ceremony. We are having a dinner the night before for our OOT guests and family. We are calling it a Welcome Dinner.
  • Options
    We didn't have one.  We just kind of showed everyone where to walk right before we opened the doors for the guests.

Though I kind of wish I had done a bit more of a rehearsal....our groomsmen BOOKED IT down the aisle.  I probably should have reminded everyone to walk slower.
    ExerciseMilestone image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards