New Jersey
Options

NWR: Christening Gift?

I have a Christening party to go to on Friday.  It's the first one I've ever been to as an adult and I have no idea what to give.  Please help. Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NWR: Christening Gift?

• Options
    I've only ever given money for a christening.. usually $50 but it depends who it is for.
  • Options
    I have been to three and FI and I always give money. We've given !00 (50 a piece) but it was always family. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually get a bond because if you spend 50 you can get a $100 bond. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-christening-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:575b7067-bc66-416a-960a-02a751c7bb50Post:903c69f6-a07d-42bf-8adf-02d7f3ba1f34">Re: NWR: Christening Gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only ever given money for a christening.. usually $50 but it depends who it is for.
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

Me too.
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually give $100

Savings bonds aren't a bad idea either
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have my first 2 coming up.  I am giving them savings bonds b/c I don't trust the parents to not spend the money and actually put it in their savings accounts.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm going to get a bond because I don't want the parents spending the money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't been to many christenings, but savings bonds are a nice gift - like Denise said, you get double the value you pay, and they are also tax-free if used for educational expenses. It's a good gift for starting a college fund.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    I would give cash.  Savings bonds are not the investments they once were.  Current yields are close to 0.5%, and it seems counter productive to give a gift that will take 20 yrs to mature.  I think 50-100 is a good range.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards