New Jersey
Options

Kitchen Aid Mixer

If you have one or have one on your registry...
Which do you have or which have you registered for?  I wasn't aware that there are several types until recently. 

I added this one to my registry originally.

KitchenAid® Professional 5™ Plus Series 5-Quart Bowl Lift Stand Mixer
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=106193

I didn't realize that it's different from the "standard" version most people have, which is the one below. 

KitchenAid® 5-Quart Artisan™ Stand Mixer http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=102986&RN=2314

I tried googling about this and it seems there is a debate because some people like the lift feature better and other like the tilt.  Neither of which means anything to me. 
Just curious which you would recommend.

Photobucket

Re: Kitchen Aid Mixer

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have the Anniversary mixer:
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17603370

Which I guess they aren't calling "anniversary" anymore because it's now 2011 but I absolutely love it. I think you'll have an eaiser time finding replacement parts, attachments, covers, bowls, etc with the more standard version than going with the lift head. I also love that the bowl is clear glass (although I will say it is quite heavy when full).

Hope that helps!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the Artisan (#1).  My mom has the professional (#2).  I like the professional better with the lift feature. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm registered for KitchenAid® 5-Quart Artisan™ Stand Mixer - The tilt head one in metallic chrome. All of my friends who recently got married also registered for and received this same model. I think it is probably the most common one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have the choices between the fixed head and the one where the head flips up, you should get the one where the head is fixed and the bowl snaps in and out. Trust me, this makes keeping it on your counter (but under your cabinets) much easier. Otherwise, you need to account for much more clearance above it to use it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the Artisan and LOVE IT. I make a lot of breads, doughs etc. and have never missed having the lift feature at all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the 6qt professional which I love, but as PP stated, I would vote for the 5qt with the lift instead of the tilt head.  Also, the lift has a higher wattage (450W vs. 325W).  So, my vote would be the 5qt professional.
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I registed for option #2. I didn't know there were different versions till you just said it!
  • Options
    MandiCateMandiCate member
    edited December 2011
    My mom has the pro and I have the artisan...I much prefer using my artisan to her pro.  I find it easier to use and less awkward than the pro and I use it usually 2-3 times a week. 

Either way its a great gift and you'll use it forever.  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know mine doesn't have the lift, so I guess its the artisan. I've had it for years, and it is great. I'm not sure what the lift feature would be used for, but I definitely love mine!
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    i didn't even know that there were other options, so i just checked my registry lol...i registered for the artisan in the fire engine red color :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards