New Jersey
Options

Registry Stalking VENT

I may get flamed for this but I just feel like venting. I have been diligently stalking my registry lately and have notice people are buying things that are NOT on it and its starting to piss me off.  I have barley anything removed (47 out of 197) so its not like they dont have a large amount to choose from.  I go on today to find someone has purchased a roasting pan for me.  UGH thanks, but the reason its not on there is because I already HAVE ONE.  Why in heck would you buy something not on it?! Vent over!

Re: Registry Stalking VENT

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you on this but don't worry- you can just exchange the items super easily and get what you really want. I think people impluse buy sometimes and roasting pans are EVERYWHERE right now in the stores. It is frustrating but just smile and head to the store to return.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ughh! I can see how you are frustrated but like Sherri said you can easily return it for something that you may not get off your registry. People try to get creative in their gifts and sometimes what they purchase isn't on the registry. Hang in there!
  • Options
    JerseyMLJerseyML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten to this part of the engagement but I remember it well when my sister was getting married.  Think of it like the day after Christmas, return it and get what you really want.  But remember to smile and be VERY thankful at the shower.  Then you can curse them when you get home.  Laughing
    "Do I look like a killer to you?" "Yes, you kill my patience." -Castle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if its bbb they give you cash when you return stuff like this.. a ton of people bought other things than what was on my registry .. bbb was so easy about it dont stress you'll have fun when you get to return stuff and go shopping!
  • Options
    G&G2010G&G2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe it's this:  If someone purchases something off of your registry and buys themselves something in the same transaction, their purchases will appear on your registry. 

Nevertheless, you can always return and get what you want :)

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I never heard of that. Where did you get that info fromn G&G?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with G&G. That happened to me at bed bath and beyond. Someone bought some items off the registry but then also bought a curling iron and a propane gas gauge for their grill. Um weird. But because they had the cashier scan the registry those extra items that were not on my registry were added on there. I think they do that so in case the purchaser really did buy those items for you, they have a record of it and can give you the credit/return if you don't get a gift receipt.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work at C&B and if you don't scan items registry in the proper order then yes items the shopper is buying for themself will get put on the registry. Kind of like when you ask for a gift receipt for just one thing at a store and they include the socks you bought yourself on it as well. And if they really did buy it for you then just return it. Don't stress, and stop registry stalking, it will make you go mad. Imagine how many people go to BB&B to get your gift and buy themselves something, what if all that ends up showing up on your registry?? Just wait for the shower and be surprised :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G&G is right.  That happened to me with my Williams-Sonoma registry.

And honestly, it is really nice that people are giving you generous gifts.  If the roasting pan is for you and you don't want it, you can exchange it for something you do want.  No big deal.

Some people are very last-minute, so I wouldn't worry about the number of items that have come off.  It seems a bit extreme to count exactly how many items have come off and then rant about it?  If it is going to get you upset, I'd stay off your registry.  It is more fun to not know what you're going to get anyway.  I don't even know that I received 47 items total at my shower...
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011

UPG- I wasnt complaing about the number of things coming off at all. I was just using that to say that they had a lot to choose from and it wasnt like it was last minute and nothing was left.  My point being I think its annoying. Bc now I do have to go back and return/or exchange when I thought the point of the registry was to make it easier for the guests to get something. I didnt know that if you bought something that would be put on as well.

• Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    no offense but this sounds really bratty.....you should be happy that people are buying you a gift at all!!      So what, if you have to go back to the store and exchange it.    Be grateful for the generosity of your family and friends.  

While it may be annoying that people don't buy stuff from the registry it happens to everyone.    You just deal with it afterwards and don't complain about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I come on to get to another page (and this is the only way I know how to at this point) and just wow oh wow...sorry but everyone is right saying that it doesn't mean its for you and you can um just a  thought RETURN IT! I got stuff I didn't need/want, and returned it, and bought what I didn't get that I needed, its a novel idea, I even returned without receipts! 

I agree with Laurie 100%...and now I go back into hiding, because I can't believe I just added to this...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_registry-stalking-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:611bc572-73e3-4782-b5e5-76d7b872e8d4Post:1efa8ab5-a2c9-4445-bf4d-3df0771409b1">Registry Stalking VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may get flamed for this but I just feel like venting. I have been diligently stalking my registry lately and have notice people are buying things that are NOT on it and its starting to piss me off. <strong> I have barley anything removed (47 out of 197) </strong>so its not like they dont have a large amount to choose from.  I go on today to find someone has purchased a roasting pan for me.  UGH thanks, but the reason its not on there is because I already HAVE ONE.  Why in heck would you buy something not on it?! Vent over!
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]

<div>yes you kinda were bitching about how many gifts were bought. Yes, sometimes people buy you things you didn't register for -- it's nothing to complain about. Returning items is not a big deal & everyone eventually has to do it. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A gift is a gift, whether it is on your registry or not. 
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards