New Jersey
Options

Venue's In Northern New Jersey

Ok So I am planning my wedding out of California (where my Fiance is stationed and I now live as well) to be held in New Jersey, were we are from, (I am from Newark, he is from Jersey City). I want to have the ceremony with the NY Skyline, but I am no fool, I know I will be paying for the location and scene. I have found our top picks
1. Liberty House
2. Maritime Parc
3. Michael Anthony's

All in JC. I have been reading reviews about them all and its more bad than good. The prices are a bit redic however, its understandable. I want to know if paying $150pp is worth it with the food for Michael Anthony's? The view is nice, however, I havent found much detail on the space. $120 and below is what I am looking to pay for an estimated 170 guest and open bar excluding gatuity and tax. Our theme is nautical and I did not want to go down the shore because I am not a fan of the jersey shore locations any more. NY is too expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions on planning a wedding out of state (which is technically home) but still, and also, other JC, Hoboken venues as well as some inland venues in Northern Jersey, Essex, Hudson, Union, Middlesex county...

Re: Venue's In Northern New Jersey

• Options
    AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Which day of the week are you looking for? Even on a Sunday, Maritime Parc and Liberty House are above the amount you've budgeted. They are gorgeous and have views of the skyline. Liberty House is right on the water, and Maritime Parc is right behind it, slightly inland. I believe they shared a parking lot, but I don't remember for sure. I'd recommend looking at them, as well as the W in Hoboken and Waterside Restaurant (similar prices), if you can adjust your budget.  I've heard that the Chart House in Weehawkin is slightly less expensive. It is on the water. We were going to look at it, but never got around to it. We do love the food in the main restaurant though.

We are also planning from out of town. We hired a planner to help us do some of the running around, and to narrow down choices so when we do come to town, we don't have to meet with tons of vendors. We've also done some Skype sessions with vendors so they can show us samples from our home. You definitely should plan on being in town to see the venues. We looked at about 20 venues and there is a lot of discrepancy between the photos shown and what the venue actually looks like. Most venues will not let you taste food until you've booked, but if you tell them your circumstances and that you need to taste to make a decision, some will set up a tasting. For the most part, the other vendors can be booked from out of town. 

I could give you more recommendations, but they might be too far inland.
  • Options
    What about Harborside in JC?
  • Options
    LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Highlawn Pavillon in West Orange has a great skyline view but I don't know if you're set on on JC. Don't know the exact prices, but I know they can accommodate 150-200 ppl. For JC, I second checking Chart House. I know the view is lovely, but not sure about the actual space. I'm a liberty house bride, so I'm biased but you may want to check out Friday or Sundays. Much cheaper than a Saturday night.
  • Options
    We got married at Liberty House in Oct too.... So I'm also biased.  I would definitely go look at Highlawn Pavilion before booking anything (obviously).  It's prices were lower than LH, but their decor is very 80s ballroom... completely different than the decor at LH and Maritime Parc?  What about a hotel?  Hyatt Jersey City?

Have you checked out The Stone House in Warren?  It's owned by the same people as LH and had that modern rustic feel. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you checked out Waterside Restaurant in North Bergen?  They are reasonably priced and have a view of the city.
  • Options
    Highlawn Pavilion has a beautiful view and is affordable it was like $120 ++ for a summer sunday/Friday

i think the others are ridiculously priced
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    How about the Charter House in Weehawken?  They have a view of mid-town Manhattan :)  http://www.chart-house.com/   A friend of mine had their wedding there.... and I think they were resonably priced.
  • Options
    "Ridiculously?" Or more than you want to pay?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Sky Ballroom in the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights is nice and overlooks a Manhattan skyline.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards