New Jersey
Options

More STD addressing questions

I know this question was recently asked, but I have a few addressing questions for my STDs regarding some situations:

1) Single and inviting guest.  

I am planning to put "John Doe and Guest" on the envelope so they know they can bring a guest and can start figuring out who to bring.  Just want to see if this is what others did.  I saw on a recent posting this was OK.

2) This one is a little more tricky.  My brother is divorced, but I'm inviting him, my 6-yr old newphew, and his GF (GF lives with him).  What is the best way to address this STD (and enventually invite)?  

a) Mr. John Doe, Ms. Jane Smith, and Mr. John Doe Jr

b) Mr. John Doe and Mr. John Doe Jr 
    Ms. Jane Smith

Is there another way this should be done?  TIA.  Who new addressing could be so complicated???  
Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com

Re: More STD addressing questions

• Options
    I've never seem people put 'and guest' on an STD. I don't feel that people need all that much time to find someone to come with them. 

Regarding how to address the family you described, you would not use and in between. That signifies marriage. According to all of the etiquette ladies on here, the best way to write that would be:

Mr. John Doe
    Ms. Jane Smith
    Mr. John Doe Jr
    45678 Street

Normally the woman's name would be first if listed in this manner, but if your cousin is the one you know more, then you can get away with putting his name on top. This is exactly what I did for numerous invitations. I didn't go this formal for STDs.
  • Options
    For the first one, just list it as Mr. Bob Smith, dont say and guest. Just in case you have to revoke this last minute.  This is only to say hey, Im getting married and want you to come, not Oh btw get yourslef a date you have 6 months or whatever.

For the 2nd part, I would just say The Smith Family. i think it looks awkward typed out like that.  If he askes  tell him his girlfriend is invited.
  • Options
    I put "and guest" on our STDs just so that people knew ahead of time and could make appropriate reservations for hotel, airfare, etc.  As for the family, that's a good one.  I googled it and saw a bunch of different options.. Mr. John Smith and Family seems to be the easiest. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards