New Jersey

Plus Size Mother of the Bride Dresses

Can anyone recommend shops/stores that have plus-sized mother of the bride dresses?

Re: Plus Size Mother of the Bride Dresses

• shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO the MOB dresses are horribly ugly at any size and just get worse in the plus size. Have your mother go to a dept. store or dress shop and just look for a regular dress that makes her feel special 
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got a super cute dress, shes a size 18 in dress size and she got a jovani dress and I dont think its horribly ugly by any means
    jovani 154308
    https://www.magicmomentscollections.com/products/Jovani%20154308-front_lg.jpg
    East West Bridals in Secaucus carries a good selection for plus size MOB dresses (keep in mind most designers think anything over a 16 is a plus size)

• sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think MOB dresses are horribly ugly either. 

My mom is ordering a Montage by Mon Cheri dress, we went to Hearts for you in Matawan?? ( that's where we are ordering),  Dresses and More also in the same area and Diane and Co (horrible stuck up but nice selection).  Hollywood Bridal also has a decent selection but I think most of the ones we tried on were a size 14?

THere are plenty of places to go.
  • RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Hearts for You in Matawan - that's where my mom and I looked.  They had a decent selection of different dresses - about 15-20 that were plus size (they had them separated so it was easy to find.  I feel bad there aren't more plus size samples...I think it can be just as frustrating for the MOB as a bride trying to look for a dress and not be able to find something she's comfortable in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom got her's at mother's dresses in hawthorne, its located above tony conte's formal wear....they have plus size mob dresses that aren't ugly.....and they were able to get it like 6 weeks out from the day of the wedding

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It might be a hike for you BUT I would reccommend Botticelli's in North Providence, RI!

They were amazingly helpfful to my mom and me!

They ONLY carry Plus sizes!

Check them out!

www.BotticelliRI.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards