New Jersey

Pleasantdale Chateau

Hey Ladies!!

So I think my fiance and I are ready to book our place.  We have only looked at four places (Park Savoy, Pleasantdale Chateau, Gotham Hall-NYC and the Venetian) but we can't bare to look at any other place because it just keeps getting compared to the chateau.  I have done tons of research on the knot for all things chateau but there isn't as much as I hoped by way of personal opinions about it. 

So trying to keep it short and sweet, if you have been to a wedding there or have had/will have your wedding there, what is your advice. What are things you loved about it?  Things you hated?  Maybe suggest things to avoid or to make sure I include.  Was there an after party?  Brunch in the am?  Did you stay over night?

Any info you have I would appreciate. 

Thanks in advance!  Laughing

"Do I look like a killer to you?" "Yes, you kill my patience." -Castle

Re: Pleasantdale Chateau

• Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! That is the most gorgoeus place, we went there and got the tour  while killing time to see other venues, and its just amazing and gorgeous! I loved the indoor orange grove! That was my dream venue if I was a Trump- ha ha. When we were there a wedding party was arriving and there are a certain amount of rooms you can stay over at.  How beautiful- good choice and good luck! Did they tell you all the movies its been in? My husband remembered the indoor pool from a CSI episode. 
    PS- there are reviews of the place on the vendors reviewed section ( go up the vendors reviiewed 1st post on this/ top post and look it up)
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here:
    http://local.weddingchannel.com/Wedding-Vendors/North-Jersey-Wedding-Venues-Results?MarketNum=073&CategoryCode=CAR

PS - BTW they called us a week after we  visited and drastically lowered the price per person!
  • JerseyMLJerseyML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the link!!  I just did a search and a few posts popped up about the Chateau and that was it.  I didn't even see those reviews!  Laughing

I had seen it on here that some things were filmed there but Andrew, the guy who showed us around didn't mention it.  One of the main reasons we liked the Pleasantdale Chateau was the space inside.  We are having a winter wedding w/ 200+ people and we wanted them to spread out with out having to deal with the cold.  We also loved the destination feel by doing an after party and the brunch the next day for those who decide to stay at the Chateau or the Marriott.

We have two more weeks to really decide.  We will be taking my dad up there the second weekend in November.  If he likes it, we are going to put a deposit down.  I just want to have the place booked so we can move on and start deciding on the fun stuff! 
    "Do I look like a killer to you?" "Yes, you kill my patience." -Castle
  • edited December 2011
    It is a beautiful venue!  I say book it!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there in June! Book it, book it, book it!

Best food in the WORLD!!!!

We didn't do an after-party (it was a Sunday night) or morning-after brunch.  My husband was actually pretty insistent that no other guests spend the night at the Chateau other than us.  We sort of loved having the place to ourselves at the end of the night.

OMG I'm just reliving the amazing cake and desserts and COCKTAIL hour.  If you spend the night there, by the time you get up to your room when it's all over, they have a whole dessert surprise waiting for you :)

The whole building is just gorgeous.  Every single guest said it was the best wedding they've ever been to.   It's over-the-top without being tacky.  I'm still blown away by that place.

It really is an incredible venue.  I can't say enough good things about it.

Feel free to email me at dme at nyu dot edu if you have any more questions, etc. 
    ~ Daryl Now I'm a real NJ housewife...
  • edited December 2011
    Scratch that. My email is dme 228 at nyu dot edu.
    ~ Daryl Now I'm a real NJ housewife...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards