New Jersey
Options

BM Dress shopping...here's what I liked

I went BM dress shopping today; whoa, lots to choose from! But I did find 2 dresses that I liked

The 1st is Bill Levkoff style #380 in Victorian Lilac & Ivory trim

http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/9/bill-levkoff-bridesmaid-dresses/bridesmaid-dress-style-380/1198/

I have no idea how to post a direct link, though.

The 2nd is Vera Wang style #25M14 which I can't find anywhere on the internet & am so frustrated about!

But I think I might end up going with the 1st!

Re: BM Dress shopping...here's what I liked

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I will be honest. I don't love it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did your BMs come with you? I like the dress, but I have a feeling that kind of dress wouldn't look good on everyone. We tried a davids bridal one that was very similar and it made the girls look bigger than they acually were. I don't know how this one looked on - but maybe you ought to have your girls try them on?
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- that's my exact thought. I feel like I would look really heavy in a cut like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP's.   That's the kind of dress that could look great on tall, skinny people, but on others I think would make them look big and I'm sure a few pregnant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that Bill Levkoff dress. Actually, I had my cousin try on a few chiffon dresses (she is a size 10-12 in street clothes) and it looked great on her- one specifically Bill Levkoff- http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/9/bill-levkoff-bridesmaid-dresses/bridesmaid-dress-style-633/1080/

For the longest time I *thought* I wanted my girls in chiffon dresses, but found another dress I loved in taffetta. My only concern with chiffon styles like that is that I do have one cousin who is a bm and measured as a size 20 in Jim Hjelm and becasue she is bigger to begin with, the chiffon didn't flatter her. But like I said it looked gorgeous on my other cousin (the sample fit her perfectly).

Another style she tried was Jordan 736- http://www.jordanfashions.com/ShowDressDetail.aspx?collectionid=1&dressid=1136&photoid=26530

This one looked great as well, but once again I didn't think it would flatter my one bm who is larger. Definitely trial and error but I think chiffon gowns are beautiful!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto those who said to have the BMs try things on before you make a final decision.

I think the dress is pretty but I agree with those who said it might make some girls appear heavier. Empire-waisted dresses and shirts make me look pregnant, personally (trust me ... I had someone ask me if I was expecting, ouch).

The Vera Wang dress isn't any of these, is it? http://www.bluefly.com/Vera-Wang-Lavender-Label-Dresses/_/N-1z13tszZ1ab7/list.fly
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Nope, none of those were the Vera Wang one.

I actually brought my MOH & one of my BM's with me to try on dresses.  I don't think the online photo does the dress any justice though, because I had passed right by it online.  I still have time to shop around though. 

Thanks!!

• Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the dress and I would actually think that dress would look good on a lot of people.  I like dresses that don't stick to your stomach and it seems like that would hide any stomachs that aren't flat.  But I guess it's better to have everyone try it on to see if it flatters everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards