New Jersey
Options

Flower Cost?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me an average price for just the bouquets...I am having 3 bridesmaids and of course my bouquet, but someone I know who's friends with a florist is getting the guys' flowers. 

I just wanted to know an average price because everywhere I call wants me to come in and make an appointment and won't give me a price over the phone! What is wrong with these people!?

Anyway your help is very much appreciated! :)

file:///C:/Users/Erin/Desktop/C-8359.jpg

Re: Flower Cost?

• Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It is tough for them to give you a price over the phone because you really need to talk about and see what you want. I am using Avenue Florist in Elizabeth and they are very reasonable and can work with pretty much any budget...It was important for me to go in there because they showed me how things would look together and I gave them a budget of how much I wanted to spend and they totally worked with it. Some florists are definitely over priced...but on this board I believe Avenue Florist, Santos, AW and there are a few others mentioned that tend to be reasonable.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree...you really need to go in and discuss exactly what you are looking for, maybe even bring pics of what you want.  It depends on a lot of things for price, size of the bouquet, types of flowers.   So, it isn't as easy as just giving a price.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I felt the same as you did when I first started looking.  I actually googled I think.  It gave me ranges.  I also put my budget into the knot and it formulated a budget for flowers/bouquets.  I then decided how much I wanted to spend.  So when I went to the florist I said, here is my budget I need X bouquets and X bouts and thats it. Can you help me in my color scheme. I also was flexible and ddnt care about what flowers as long as they were pretty and the right color.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous posters that you probably should go sit wit a couple of florists.

For budget reasons I estimated $150 for my bouquet and $100 for bridesmaids.   That was based on what I got from other knotties and friends who had fairly simple bouquets with flowers like roses, hydrangas and gerbera daisys. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with three florsists, and I went with one where my bouquet ois $155 and the bridesmaids are $85 each.  One florist told me $275 for my bouquet!  Mine is made up of fall colored roses and calla lilies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine from Metropolitan Plant & Flower Exchange in Saddle Brook. My bouquet which is all roses is $125 My girls bouquets are a mix of flowers and $75
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin

Your biggest cost for flowers is the church flowers on the altar and the choice between high and low centerpieces.

I've met with several florists and one of the more reasonable is Laurie at Laurelwood Designs.

She charges $200 for a bridal, $80 for the bridesmaids and $150 for tall centerpieces and about half that for low.  Church decorations can go anywhere from 200 to 400.

Just to give you an idea.  I wasn't holding back or budgeting with her at all though (yet).
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just finalized the flowers on Monday with Nathan and Oscar, and we got beautiful sunflowers bouquets for my 6 girls so we wanted something affordable. We got them for $30, they have 4 sunflowers and small roses with greens, when he did a demo is was so beautiful! my bouquet has orquids, roses and something exotic (forgot the name) for $106, so I would highly recommend him. My centerpieces were and beautiful with fall flowers $65, he will work with your budget and believe me, we met wit a lot of florists and he is the best in every aspect!

http://www.avenueflowerspc.com/AboutUs.asp

Tell him Carla sent you!
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh the church altar pieces are $50 each with fall colors!
  • Options
    JuneBride2610JuneBride2610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin,

Im going with Flower Elegance in Fair Lawn, and my bouquet is $150 and the bridesmaids are $75. Really a great deal for the quality of the work they do. The other florists i met with wanted upwards of $100 for the bridesmaids and that just did not work with our budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards