New Jersey
Options

Poll: Holiday wish lists

Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays?

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list?

What are you asking Santa for this year? (Or Hanukkah Harry, if Santa doesn't come to your house? :P)

Re: Poll: Holiday wish lists

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays?  No, but we do (because our families ask us to)

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list?  Yes.  My family started requesting it in September, and the "deadline" for my husband's family was November 29 (yes, we were sent an email with a deadline).  I've received so many partial lists from his family that I want to cry.  Or at least be unsubscribed from that mailing list.  Do I really need an email from them stating that one of their family friends and one of his uncles hasn't submitted their lists yet, as if I've been waiting with baited breath?  Also, half the items on my MIL's list were already purchased by one of her brothers, as noted on the list itself.  Maybe take them off the list then?

What are you asking Santa for this year?  Budget camcorder, Roomba, a wine coaster, and monogrammed cocktail glasses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays? no, they send us links for items on websites and asks if we want it lol

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list? nope - its usually one main gift - so no list necessary

What are you asking Santa for this year? (Or Hanukkah Harry, if Santa doesn't come to your house? :P) to win the lottery!! lol - hanukkah harry is bringing me a new digital camera - i finally upgraded...

hubby and i decided since we are going to vegas jan 6, and doing a weekend w/ friends in AC on dec 18 - we decided to save money on gifts for Xmas for each other and "make memories"

I know it sounds corny - but this year since its our "1st xmas/hannukah" we dont have much money to spend and are going to do trips and make memories....

this was set after he got my camera - I said thats my hannukah gift so i can capture the xmas memories lol Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uppereast - im selling my camcorder for $225 if you want it - its never been used - just opened so i could look at it lol - its a JVC Digital camcorder...i can take pics of it when i get home and email you them if you want :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays?  For the past couple of years we have decided our gifts togehter.  One year we said I want to go on vacation and we did.  The next we bought a tv, next a house.  This year I said I want a new ipod and he said I do too so thats what we are getting.  I may buy him something else small but proabbly not. 

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list?Yes and I make a huge one. 

What are you asking Santa for this year? (Or Hanukkah Harry, if Santa doesn't come to your house? :P  Santa comes to my moms house.  The one thing I am dying for is a deep lasagna dish.  I think santa is buying one from sur la table for me.  Yes all of the gifts at my moms still say from santa. 

If there were a real santa I would ask for a hot tub.  Or to have him pay my vet bill ($1000). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MIL requested a list, but I'm not making one.  There's honestly nothing that I have to have or really need at the moment.  I'd like some new clothes, but I'd rather pick them out myself. 

My husband asked what I wanted and I haven't told jhim anything yet.  Maybe a new cell phone, but I don't really need it.  He made a list on amazon of his wishes, mostly boring golf books. 

I'd rather do what Cher said and make memories instead!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

yay jenn! :)

my mil always buys us some clothes and then gives us cash - i kinda am hoping for all cash instead so we have some spending money for vegas...we'll see- i have to be VERY greatful for anything that i get :)

• Options
    FutureMrsF111FutureMrsF111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI and I dont exchange gifts for the holidays.
    We dont really do lists or formal gift giving in my family. Its just me and my parents - and now FI. We go away every year around new years and get eachother something small. 
    We  buy gifts for FIs niece and nephews and his brothers and sister tell us what they want.
    He and his siblings get a gift for their parents-usually something for their house or renovating a room for them.
    I didnt ask for anything this year because of all the wedding expenses.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Poll: Holiday wish lists:

Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays?  Not really a list, but does ask what I want.

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list? Mom asks what I want and she'd like a list, but I don't know what I want.

What are you asking Santa for this year? (Or Hanukkah Harry, if Santa doesn't come to your house?   Yes, it's only 24 days till Christmas, but I don't have anything concrete in mind.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays?  He asked last night what I wanted. I also asked him what he wanted, but he didn't really give me any ideas. Bah.

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list? My mom asks all of us (her, dad, me and 2 siblings) to make a list and put it on the fridge.

What are you asking Santa for this year? (Or Hanukkah Harry, if Santa doesn't come to your house?  When FI asked, I sent him a link to a bracelet that I like from White Aisle, and also said I wanted the Rocko's Modern Life DVD from Amazon (MB = nerd). For the list that Mom asked me to make, I wrote that I wanted craft store gift cards (so I can get some vases that we need for centerpieces) and some new bath towels.
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I started our wish lists a few years ago and it's slowly spreading each year to our family members.   We make our master lists that we give to the other person and anyone who wants to know what to buy us can ask for the list.  So, for example, he has my list and will distribute it to anyone who asks what I want...I'll send people who ask me directly to him as I don't know what's been purchased or not.

It usually works out well.  From the parents, we usually have to be creative...but all the kids our generation foward and are old enough make their own lists.

If Santa was real, I'd be getting the Burberry or Gucci bag on my list.  :)  But, really, I want a nice pair of everyday earrings and a really good sewing kit...lame, huh?!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We both dont really exchange gifts he asked what I wanted this year I said Just a baby and he said me too....awwwww...anyway so last night we were talking about this wine refrigerator they had at his work  and that I am too CHEAP to buy..lol...and I woke up this morning and there it was with a bow and an I love you sign!...18 bottle none the less....he is too cute...now I have to figure out what to give him.....hmmmmm
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I've ever really made a list...

We won't be making lists for our parents or for eachother...

We will be buying something for the house together, hopefully a full dining room set.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I don't usually ask FI what he wants, and he doesn't ask what I want.  We like to surprise each other completely - but usually I will hear him say he likes something to someone else, so I'll know what to get him.  This year, we're not doing gifts though.  Brandon's birthday is 2 days before xmas, so we're pretty much broke from birthday presents and xmas presents!

Sometimes my mom asks me, usually she'll just get me clothes and stuff.  she helps us out SO SO SO much during the year that I don't expect anything.  Everyday is christmas for us when it comes to my mom! :)

I don't really need anything for xmas this year, other than 3 plane tix to disney next may.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol is that a picture of Hanukkah harry? I've never heard of him

Does your FI/husband/wife ask you to make a list of what you want for the holidays? nope. Although it would be smarter if we did.

Do your parents/families ask you to make a list? yes. This year it's airfare. Nice christmas gift huh? Just trying to make the planning and traveling back and forth a little easier.

What are you asking Santa for this year? (Or Hanukkah Harry, if Santa doesn't come to your house? :P) I didn't ask for much of anything - but FI tossed me a motorcycle magazine yesterday and said "oh in case you want to get me some accessories." He's silly because his gift is already bought. One day he'll realize I'm the planner and he's the procrastinator.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards