New Jersey
Options

Travel Agent

I am pretty sure we are leaning towards Secrets Wild Orchid in Jamaica for our honeymoon.  Normally, I'd just book through Cheap Caribbean, like our other vacations but want to know the benefits, if any, of using a travel agent.  If you used one please tell me why and recommend yours!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Travel Agent

• Options
    Honestly, I used one because I was lazy. I am always the one who has to do all of the trip planning and stuff in the relationship.  Its a PITA, and I wanted this to be the 1 stress free thing, and it was.  A travel agent is free and sometimes they are able to get you upgrades or special things at no charge.

We used Vista Travel in Colonia, NJ Nadine Matthews was our agent.  My review is on the reviews site.  We actually used her again for our trip this summer and she was able to get us a cabin upgrade for free.
    Secrets wild Orchid sounds like an awesome place! Have fun!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_travel-agent-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6bc58f97-c072-4a83-9e91-45a9434cc661Post:6e56a0fd-39a0-46c0-aa08-921cc7a4276e">Re: Travel Agent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I used one because I was lazy. I am always the one who has to do all of the trip planning and stuff in the relationship.  Its a PITA, and I wanted this to be the 1 stress free thing, and it was.  A travel agent is free and sometimes they are able to get you upgrades or special things at no charge. We used Vista Travel in Colonia, NJ Nadine Matthews was our agent.  My review is on the reviews site.  We actually used her again for our trip this summer and she was able to get us a cabin upgrade for free. Secrets wild Orchid sounds like an awesome place! Have fun!
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]

We used her too!!  You gave me the rec last year she has been great to work with :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

We used Carmen from All About Honeymoons.  I've posted this before... she was great about tracking the weather and, the day after our wedding, called us with a hurricane status and several options.  After canceling our trip to Anguilla not once but twice, she helped us book our trip to Barbados.  She was free, but her knowledge and follow-up was worth a ton.  Here's her blog and contact info:

http://honeymoonagent.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Mindy Gilbert from My Vacation Lady!

myvacationlady.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards