North Carolina

Invitation issue

So, I had a lovely shower today, except I learned that three of the guests--including one of the hostesses--had not received their invitations.   Theirs  were among the first group I dropped at the Crabtree post office last month and had hand cancelled.

And, now I'm worried about how many other invitations may have gone astray.  All three of these women live in Raleigh--one says her mail goes astray sometimes.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I'm planning to email my rsvp list to several of my friends that were there today for their help contacting folks to make sure they've received invitations. What a drag!!

Re: Invitation issue

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks.  We had 3 or 4 (that I know of) go missing, some were returned to me in an incredibly unreasonable amount of time (like, after the wedding), some have never been heard from.  The best you can do is what you've got planned, just try to get in touch with people. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're starting to get word that a few of FI's relatives didn't get their invites... even though they were addressed correctly!

I honestly think sometimes the machines can't read the calligraphy properly and they just float around in post office purgatory for a while.  I really wouldn't care if I didn't keep seeing dollar signs every time things get returned undeliverable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks--and I totally agree about the dollar signs. This was an area that I went over budget. I also went with a black envelope with silver print--maybe not the best idea, but very pretty (to me).  Oh well, my friends are helping me with recon so all will be well, and once again the USPS is looking to raise our rates!!  Aaagghh!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards