New Jersey
Options

Invitation wording help!!!

Ok I am having trouble getting the wording right for our invitations.  We want to put both sets of parents names on the invitation but here is the problem.  My parents are still married but my FI parents are divorced and does not speak with his dad. He wants to put his mom's name and her new husbands name on the invitation.  How can I word that to make it known that her new husband isn't my FI father?  I want it to be worded something like this obviously with our full names written out:

KJD

and

PJT

together with their parents

Mr. and Mrs. Eugene D.

and

Mrs. Christine R. and her husband Thomas???

request the honor of your presence....

Thanks for any help!

Re: Invitation wording help!!!

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I think it will be obvious because FI's last name will be different from his mom and stepdad's, correct?

Is there a reason why it needs to be conveyed? It says "together with their parents" and he is a step-parent and presumably your FI has a good relationship with his stepdad if he wants stepdad's name on the invite and doesn't want his father's name.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, if their last names are different then I think people will get. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agree- it would take up a lot of space to put "and her husband". If people don't know that he is the stepdad, and don't get it from the different last names, I 'm sure they will realize at the wedding.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary to clarify that. My FI's parents are divorced and we put his dad and step-moms name on the invite. His family will know the deal, and if people from your side want to know the intimate details I'm sure they'll ask.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invitation-wording-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6e951875-656a-4577-9182-c6dcddcf61ffPost:bf5d1148-b761-42b8-83f9-d815f5190c8b">Re: Invitation wording help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]His family will know the deal, and if people from your side want to know the intimate details I'm sure they'll ask.
    Posted by jaimelody[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The the last names are different, plus, the  "and her husband" part would look weird (IMO)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should put Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Lastname just like you did with your parents. If she did not take his name, you should put Mrs. Christine Herlastname and Mr. Thomas Hislastname.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards