New Jersey
Options

HELP! TimeMachine Band...

Is there anyone that recently used the Time Machine?  how current are they with their music?  Do they really sound like the current music thats out there? also - i heard they come out on the dancefloor....was that a good thing?  or did it get in the way?  I'm on the fence about them, so wanted to get some thoughts from anyone who use them recently. pleaes help.   thanks

Re: HELP! TimeMachine Band...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you ask them some of those questions.
    Ask them if they come out on the dance floor. Ask them how people interacted with them. Ask them what current music do they normally preform.
    Sometimes it helps to do research with the company as well as get reviewa from others that used them.

• Options
    tinabarrinatinabarrina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Listening in haha because I just met with the manager last night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes - they do come out on the dancefloor.  just wanted to get an idea from any recent brides if they thought that was good or not?  and what they thought of their current songs. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and what did you think?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they sounded great on the video, and the price seems reasonable and in line with other bands.  But I'm having a hard time settling on a band.  Have you looked at other bands?  How do they compare to Time Machine?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I havent....i am in between a DJ or this band.  Have you heard them play at a weddding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope I haven't - am hoping someone else can give good reviews,.  I think they are having a show next week on Thursday somewhere in NJ you may want to check out though.  I know its not like seeing them at a wedding, but maybe it would help you with your decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks...yes hoping someone has some recent reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jamiher I sent you a private message!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Time Machine is a great band and I have seen them at weddings. We used Veronica Martell Entertainment who was AMAZING. Our band also came out on the floor and the guests love it! It really gets the crowd more involved. We had a 12 piece band and maybe 1-2 band members would come out on the floor (mostly a singer) to kind of sing w/ the crowd/dance with them and it just brought even more energy to the party. I was just at another wedding last week where some of the guests from our wedding were and they kept telling me how much they loved our bands interaction w/ them, so I think its a good thing. Good luck- if u want to compare bands though, call my band and take to Veronica- they are in a similar price range and really just  incredible- personally I think they should charge more cause they were that good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they're amazing.  They sound so good, you forget you're not hearing the original artist.  And they do a great job of energizing the crowd out on the dance floor.
  • Options
    altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not a band person at all and I loved them at a wedding I went to. They ame out onto the floor and were sort of motivators, people didnt seem to mind it at all. They obviously dont sound exactly like the original artists but they didnt change the song drastically or anything. If youre gonna go with them, go with the 12 piece band otherwise, not much different than lower priced bands. I also interviewed with them and felt they were actually very pricey.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard they have a high list price, but most people end up getting a steep discount, odd pricing plan.

I would see them in person, not go by a video.  Band members change all the time.

We used smokin section, they offer private showcases so you can watch and hear them play.  They are unobtrusive (they don't come out on the dance floor), but ours was packed all night.  They have a killer brass section, and played some awesome jazz during dinner.  10 pieces will run about 6K and includes a piano player for the cocktail hour.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    G&G2010G&G2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_timemachine-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6e99476a-30f6-4957-8896-9430fc6f56fbPost:c1f36f35-22ee-48df-bbc8-38fd1838e2d9">Re: HELP! TimeMachine Band...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think they're amazing.  They sound so good, you forget you're not hearing the original artist.  And they do a great job of energizing the crowd out on the dance floor.
    Posted by annandted86[/QUOTE]

This! We used them for our 8/10 wedding & loved them. Two couples at our wedding just booked them--one in NYC. I don't think you will be disappointed if you use them. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much everyone for your help!  think i am booking them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen them quite a few times and I think they are AMAZING!  I love the high energy they bring!  I'm not into live bands personally, but if I ever booked one, it would be Time Machine.  I highly suggest going to see them live, it's the best way to know what you are getting.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I was wondering if any of you have a video of Time Machine so I can see how they are! I'm eager to book them before someone else books my date. I heard such wonderful things but I didn't hear them yet so I'm on the fence!! Someone please help!! =) Thankss!
  • Options
    I was wondering if any of you have a video of Time Machine so I can see how they are! I'm eager to book them before someone else books my date. I heard such wonderful things but I didn't hear them yet so I'm on the fence!! Someone please help!! =) Thankss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards